2.4ghz eufy Security Indoor Cam 2K issues

Yeah, def a router issue and no clue why!!! Well, I sent a few videos to the tech team and a few emails later they sent this…

From the circumstances you’ve described, I’m sorry to say that on this occasion it appears the camera is having compability issue with the router. We would be more than happy to issue a full refund to you.

Attached please find a pre-paid shipping label that can be used to make the return of the camera and its accessories. Please print it out, affix it to the front of the packaging, and then simply drop it off at the nearest USPS location or schedule a pick-up by visiting their site [in 10 days]

I have arranged a refund order in our system and it will be processed as soon as we receive the product! Please let us know once you have shipped out the product, I will do my best to speed up the refund process for you.

Yeah I have the door bell, door sensors, 2 base stations, 6 wireless 2C cams. NO ISSUES!
I’ll return and try to regather my sanity.

Ok that really sucks. What gets me is them giving up so quickly. If anyone over there knew anything they should be able to figure out why everything else works and that doesn’t. They built the damn things. Really sorry man.

2 Likes

Dear power users,
We are so sorry about your meeting this issue. We will try to recurrent this issue to find out the root reason after receiving the condemned camera you sent it back to us. If the router has some special settings, would you mind telling us? That would be useful to the recurrence of the issue.
eufy Security Team

1 Like

I have no clue if the router has a special setting… it’s from bestbuy… I’m not the only person with this same router having this same issue.
I’ll return the camera to you. I have a lot of your products, this is the only one I’m having a wifi connecting issue.

Dear,
We are again sorry for the issue you meet with. And thanks for your information, we will try to recurrence the issue via the same model router and the camera you send back to us.
If any idea, suggestion, or issue, connect with us without hesitation.
eufy Security Team

Having the same exact issues.

1 Like

Unfortunately their is no solution, they recommend returning the device.

I’m having the same problem. Router in my case is an Apple airport time capsule, contacted support and they only gave me classic answer (reset, restart, etc )

2 Likes

Just bought 3 2k cams , opened one and tried to set up. It killed the wifi the moment it tried to connect.
I retried several times and it killed wifi every time (needed to reboot router. every time). Router is a ASUS BLUE CAVE.
The problem is also discussed in this thread:

Not sure if I should spend more time troubleshooting this thing.

1 Like

Interesting, some issue but with a different router!

In the end — customer service just advised to return and take a refund, they don’t know when a fix will be available.

1 Like

Same here.

Netgear Orbi Wifi Router. Eufy Indoor Cam 2k.

The cam appears in the connected device list on the router. But it seems that the cam is unable to connect to the Eufy server. That leads to a timeout during initial setup.

Is there currently any issue with the servers?

Also tried to use my phone with personal hotspot. Same effect. Cam connects to the hotspot but the app tells me there has been a timeout.

Same on my Fritzbox 7490.

Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Roman

Same issue here. Unable to connect to server to setup indoor 2K cam. Frustrating to say the least. My router is a bell homehub 3000. Please fix this!

Shooted a mail to the support on friday. I will post the result here as soon as I get a resonse.

Same for me with two different routers. Apple Airport or Eero. The indoor cam don’t reach the wifi.

Some threads on Reddit have indicated that it may be related to iOS and that using an Android device works, which I don’t have. I am using an iPhone. What about everyone else?

I have only an iPhone, too.

I am having the same issues with Orbi RBR50. The connection always times out. I see the camera listed as connected in the app.

Per eufy, they advised me to return the cameras. I’m shocked they can’t fix this issue.

Continuing the discussion from 2.4ghz eufy Security Indoor Cam 2K issues:

Same problem with me. I am in Canada and using a Telus 3200M router. I’m on my second Eufy unit as support told me to return the first one because it must have been a faulty unit. I couldn’t get the second one to connect to WiFi either. I am using an iPhone. Very disappointed as I wanted to replace all of my security cameras, inside, outside and doorbell with Eufy. I will have to re-evaluate and go in another direction.

Try turning off 2FA in the Eufy app. Worked for me. Camera is now connected.