2 Factor Authentication

It is definitely true that 2FA via text has a recurring monthly cost but authenticator apps (TOTP) on the other hand do not and are more secure.

2fa is now here in the USA

Just turned it on!

+1.

Via Google Authenticator, or SMS

How do you get 2 factor authentication for USA @JD2020?

On top left of app tap 3 lines then tape your name and you should see 2fa if not sign out and back in and check agai.

2 Likes

Support Microsoft or Google Authenticator would be good.

4 Likes

Any updates on global 2FA? I would love to use an app like AndOTP, Google authenticator, etc

USA 2Fa is a go.

1 Like

Where is 2FA for rest of the world? I feel very insecure just with password for such a sensitive data like video feed of my living room.
For now I have a outlet controller that only turns on when no one is home as I don’t trust Eufy anymore.
I’ve caught the red light on a few times even though I have disabled the camera in the Eufy app every time. I only use HomeKit.
Not really relaxing seeing that red light when 2 days ago you disabled the camera in Euyfycam. (only camera user, so it’s not anyone in my household viewing the video feed)

Also waiting for 2FA in Europe

2 Factor Authentication is now live here in the UK!

Surprise surprise, it’s not working properly. When you try and add your phone number, and error is thrown up.

I take that back, it does work but you have to remove the zero from the UK number. As you write it tells you the format is incorrect and if you write the number including the zero, it allows that number through as being correct. :roll_eyes: even though with the zero, the text comes through including the number required. Nothing ever straight forward.

Looking at the phone used from the screenshot I would say there is an issue between IPhones with Eufy 2FA. I say this as I’m on a XR on latest update and don’t have 2FA. My other half has an iPhone 11 and the same eufy update as me but she has 2FA.

You would of thought being the prime user and on the same phone provider as my other half, I would have 2FA but from my experience that’s not the case.

Resolved: updated today to 2.2.3_621 and 2FA appeared.

This just in: 2 factor authentication is rolling out in The Netherlands.

1 Like