2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt Moves on It's Own

I have two of them and the additional one I just bought has moved on it’s own in the middle of the night. The app claims the camera’s firmware is up to date. All motion and sound is off as well.

2 Likes

Must have bought a haunted camera

3 Likes

Tech support told me to place it in a different room? What’s up with that? I don’t want the camera in a different room, lol.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I just bought 16 Eufy products this month because we are being vandalized and terrorized in our own home.

The PTZ moving completely on its own has messed up my shots of the vandals coming and going. I have following turned off completely. I have a 128GB high endurance cards in all cameras that aren’t battery based with continuous recording a necessity because of how frequently these criminals are visiting and lingering on our property. We not only needed a high quality photo but they need to work.

Also IFTTT would be a huge help. I would hate to have to go to PoE cams because I am disabled and the headache alone plus the cost is exorbitant compared to these. We’ve tried all other wireless systems and the latency alone is enough to keep us with Eufy but they seriously need to fix some of these issues. Our vandals are one step away from being a home invasion.

Somewhat same problem, made also a topic about it. My cam turned while i was next to it. But neither did it record that time. Yet cam is 24/7 active. :disappointed_relieved:

+1 here. Twice, in the middle of the night. Motion tracking is turned off, no local storage, just RTSP to my NAS.

1 Like

again, last night, same time everytime. same rotation also. weird. like it goes to some default state.

2 Likes

It doesn’t happen every night, the first one I bought months ago doesn’t move at random so I don’t know. Same updates and everything.

1 Like

For now it looks like every 48h at 4.03AM. Very annoying. I switched to local storage, but it doesn’t change this behaviour. Can someone at Eufy check this?

1 Like

I believe it has been fixed. It’s been several days, and it hasn’t moved at all. Here’s hoping at least.

1 Like

The camera moved again last night. No luck yet here.
And 48h later again…Eufy can you please fix this?

1 Like

Last night i got update 2.0.9.3…i’ll keep you posted

1 Like

Hope it works out for you. It’s almost been a month and hasn’t moved. I gave up before trying to adjust settings and just hoped a firmware update would fix the issue.

1 Like

48h later it moved again at 4:03h AM. Eufy, can you fix this auto-moving? The cam is quite useless if I have to adjust every 48h in the middle of the night.

1 Like

I have just purchased one of these and noticed that the camera still moved despite being in Disarmed mode and after some investigation realised that the Security Modes only switch notification on and off and not any other features like Motion Detection and Motion Tracking. I’ve posted in the wish list forum asking to add the ability to switch Motion Detection & Motion Tracking on and off in Security Mode Settings similar to the notifications settings that currently exist so lets hope they add it.

As a temporary solution I found that you can turn Motion Tracking on and off in the app by going to ‘Devices’, selecting your camera (click on the play button), scrolling the bottom menu up which will display more icons and then selecting ‘Tracking’. This will turn off Motion Tracking but also sets it as off in the camera settings so you’ll have to remember to re-start it if you need it later.

I hope this helps and fingers crossed they add the feature to set this in Security Mode Settings.

If you just want Motion Tracking disabled you can do this in the Camera Settings.

Regards - Jason

1 Like

I have 2 Eufy Pan & Tilt cameras and they do the same thing every night at 4:37am and 4:56am like clock work. They are posted at each other in my garage and each record the others movement. Tech support told me they should not be pointed at each other. Go figure.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is related but…

After a bit more of a play with my new camera I noticed that it has a ‘default’ reset position which it moves itself to if for example it is tracking someone and they then disappear from view and cannot be tracked anymore. You can see where this is by going into the camera’s ‘Pan-tilt Settings’ and pressing ‘Calibrate’. As you’ll see the camera resets itself and this is its default position.

To see what happens live set motion tracking on, view the feed live on your phone and get the camera to locate you. Then walk out of shot and wait for the camera to realise this and reset itself. I discovered this when I set the camera up to watch my conservatory and back garden. As a person walked into view the camera would track them but if they moved out of view for a period of time it would reset and not be in a position to pick them up again. Once you know the default position for the camera ensure this is pointing in the direction you want it to watch.

I’m not sure if this is in a guide but I didn’t see anything telling me to do this when I initially set it up so it might be worth adding if not.

Hope this helps - Jason

2 Likes

Turn off tracking !

Tracking option will follow anything that moves in front of the camera until object / light goes away and them it would go back to the default position the camera was set.

1 Like

It seems fixed now. Tried several things. One day the cam lost connection to my wifi. I tried a new setup of the cam which failed. Guess it had something to do with my wifi instead because after some trying and restarts it started working again. I also tried Motion Detection off/on and Pan-tilt Calibration serveral times. The cam stayed in the same position now for several days :slight_smile:

Tracking has never been on in my situation.

1 Like

That’s great to hear!

They’re awesome cameras now that they don’t move at random.

2 Likes