2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt Moves on It's Own

Well, over a month of not moving on it’s own, it decided to start doing it again…

I have four of these cameras now and this is the only on that does this.

1 Like

If your camera is moving in the middle of the night try turning off the infrared lights.
The pan tilt cam is moving for one of 2 reasons, either its seeing dust in the air or one of your electronics is shooting off a infrared light at intermittent times.
I know this be because my wyze pan cam would do it a lot. And the eufy one has picked up on it from time to time as well.

If you need video proof I could post it.

I’ve switched all my wyze cams over to eugy indoor as of last week.

1 Like

That would cause the camera to do a complete 180°? It never just moves a little, it turns completely around and faces the wall to where you can’t see anything.

2 Likes

It moved again sadly. I’ll look into it later. The movement it makes is very fast to a new position, on its own, in the middle of the night (Feb 21 4:03:25 AM as an example). Please Eufy, can you fix this?

2 Likes

I have this issue as a new 2K camera owner. At night the camera will regularly turn around to face the wall. sometimes to the left sometime to the right (it’s positioned in the corner of the room). I’ve disabled motion tracking as calibrating etc did not fix it.

4 Likes

I currently have four of these cameras and only one of them has this issue. They’re all 2k pan and tilt. It hasn’t moved since I posted last, so we’ll see.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with a false positive recognition because my camera (2K indoor cam) also makes this movements sometimes at 1:45 h in the night while it is switched off! My camera is only connected to power and wifi at this time but manually switched off in the app.

1 Like

I checked the cam the last few days. Problem is still the same, every 48h the camera moves on its own, in the middle of the night, same time every time, to a different position. Sometimes thats just a tiny little bit, sometimes all the way around. It is een big problem for usability.

2 Likes

Still randomly turning. I turned the whole camera around, base and all. If it wants to be in that position, then at least face in the right direction.

1 Like

The cam hasn’t moved for 9 days now. I haven’t changed anything.

1 Like

This happens to me to, but independently of if tracking is turned on or of…
It’s either a bug in the firmware or a security issue from this cam.
I have a

1 Like

Same issue.
I’ve also got the remark from support to move it to another room.
The problem stays the same.

I have a sd card in the cam and when i look at the moment the camera turns there’s a short interruption of the recording. ( i think its less than a minute)
I’d feel this to be a serious defect to the reliability of this camera and unfortunately eufy seems to be fully ignoring this because they cant even figure out what’s going on themselves.

I have tried to put the camera in follow mode.
The self correction of the camera when on follow mode is also very off. I looks like the camera cannot keep a calibrated rotation.

I had the camera in a windowsill to track outdoor activities but almost daily the camera ended at a position 180 degrees further looking inside without ever reverting to the initial setup location.

1 Like

I had the same thing as @deh1 and @m.rosskamp I have one Eufy 2k indoor pan & tilt camera which I had completely turned off. At approximately 4:03am EST I noticed the blue LED was on and then heard it shut back off (Turn upright). Why is this happening?!

1 Like

I did the same thing! But today it was facing to another direction, pointing to the wall. Is the AI telling me that the cam is in punishment mode and will face the wall every X days?

Also this is happening at the exact same time. 01:47AM GMT-3

1 Like

I can’t figure it out either. I have four of these cameras, and only one of them does this. It hasn’t moved since my last post, which was March 7th, but I believe that’s because I ended up turning the whole camera, base and all, in the direction I want it to face. Shouldn’t have to do this, but I don’t know what else to do with it.

1 Like

My camera has also been doing this. No motion tracking turned on, it also doesn’t go the same place as when it does the calibration.

1 Like

Tonight I witnessed my camera that I had completely turned off (Eufy 2K Pan & Tilt) rotate down and around, then back up to its off position. It had a blue led during this this episode. I immediately checked the Eufy Security app, and the camera was in fact still off. I checked the System updated information and it says the last update installed was on 1/27. Someone from Eufy needs to explain why this is occurring to all of our cameras. I’m about to return the two I own if this doesn’t get resolved or have a logical explanation why a camera completely turned off is turning on in the middle of the night, rotating with a blue LED and then back to the off position all on its own and no firmware or system update information listed in the app for that device.

Update 5/6/21: I heard back from Eufy support. They responded with:

“Thank you for contacting eufy customer support.

We really appreciate you reaching out and letting us know your concern.

For the rotating action you have mentioned in the previous email, it seems the camera just restart itself so it has down a rotating cycle to refresh the device.

As for the motion tracking, you can only manually turn it off follow My devices> the camera> Motion detection> motion tracking. But the camera can’t support automatically turn off the motion tracking according to the schedule.

Once the tracking feature has been enabled, the camera sensor will still track the motions even when the device stopped recording.

We can fully understand your concern about this case. → If the issue persists, please upload a user log via: Side menu>about>press eufy logo 5 times>upload log.”

So apparently it’s perfectly normal for it to randomly restart/calibrate when it’s plugged in but off… if that’s the case, fine, why would I need to upload logs and would it be considered and “issues” and mention “if issue persists”… I’m still confused, but feel better knowing that it can turn on and around with the blue led and then back off on its own when restarting I guess. Anyone else receive a similar response from Eufy Support?

3 Likes

Their response to me was to move it to another location, cause something was triggering it to move. I don’t see how, if I disable all the functions that would enable it to move. I don’t really have any other option in that particular room. Pretty lame response that didn’t fix anything.

1 Like

Yeah, that makes zero sense to me. That’s weird. I also completely removed the device and factory reset it as well. I’m assuming it’s just the random restart cycles it does. Still very odd it does that though when the camera is in the off position. They should really consider it only do that restart cycle when the camera is powered on, not when it’s toggled off.

+1 and same conditions as you