Alarm sound on all devices

Why don’t they set up a simple routine so when the alarm goes off all devices make an alarm sound. Most people here have multiple devices but when one device triggers the alarm only that device and the homebase alarm sound. Why not trigger an alarm on all devices with sound like the outdoor and indoor cameras, the doorbell etc. Then maybe other devices with the app like phone’s and tablets etc.
They have routines to make one device activate another so why not this?

4 Likes

That would be a good idea :+1:

it is sufficient to insert a rule for each device (as trigger) to start alarm in the others

You can do this already trough automation. When my homebase alarm is activated (IE one device alarm is activated and then the homebase is activated too), all my other devices will sound an alarm.

Not really. You can’t select most devices only certain cameras. Eg you can’t select doorbells etc . Why not give the ability for all devices that can make sound to make an alarm. As you said it’s almost there in automation

The duration of the alarm should be editable too. Also the alarm should sound on linked nest of Alexa devices

How about as easy as if one HomeBase sounds the alarm, the other homebases trigger too? It’s the dumbest thing that you can’t connect multiple homebases, whether it’s for range extension or simply the alarm sounding….

Tee’ing this back up. Would really like to see this happen. As a ‘bad guy’, you’ve obviously not respected that the home owner has a security system. And like most all system owners, I have numerous devices.

If one triggered in the black of night, I think it would absolutely freak a bad guy out to see every corner and dark spot outside with lights (on the cams) popping on and a siren that was seemingly coming from everywhere.

It’s always been my opinion that if one device sounds, it’d be somewhat easy to steal that device and leave - and, as we know, some of the older devices store their data/recordings locally. So, in reality, if my S220 is triggered and the bad guy notices it (and can get to it where it’s mounted) he could take it and, effectively, remove that bit of video evidence. Unlucky for him that he’s likely been seen by one of my other cams but, that wouldn’t be true for everyone.

As others have mentioned you cannot set this up through automation. When i select “if” alarm on home base sounds, only “then” option for either camera is “motion detection” or something.

For God sake add a panic button option, which actives all alarms and spotlights simultaneously at the touch of a button.