Alarms not working at night

I have 3 cameras - one to catch motion only and the other two to catch motion and sound an alarm on the camera and home base

The alarm is not working on the camera or Homebase.

I use a schedule set up 6.00am to 9.00pm where only one camera is in use set to pick up motion only and the other two cameras are not on. From 9.00 pm to to 6.00 am all three cameras are working with only two cameras set up to sound alarm on the camera and the home base and the other camera just recording with motion activation.

If everyone leaves home then the last person leaving turns the security set up to away mode where all three cameras are working with only two cameras set up to sound alarm on the camera and the home base and the other camera just recording with motion activation.

I don’t use geofencing because it does not work with three different users.

Anyone know why the alarms don’t activate?

1 Like

Can anyone help with this problem?

Or is this just like Geofencing - it does not work!!!

That is interesting, my system is using EufyCam 2 with Home base 2

Still no alarms being activated.

CAN EUFY PLEASE CONFIRM IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH ALARM ACTIVATION USING EUFYCAM 2 CAMERAS AND HOMRBASE 2

Hi Mike,

Under normal circumstances, there will be no problem with the alarm activation. Have you confirmed that Speaker can work normally? You can check out it by using the two-way audio function.

1 Like

I have the same issue. The alarm itself on the camera works fine when triggered manually. Having had my cameras up for 2 weeks, its only ONCE triggered the alarm automatically and I believe that is because it was beginning to get some daylight > it switched back to “human only” for daylight > triggered the camera alarm. All other times during the night, not one single motion triggered the alarm at all. Not good conaidering I had a drunk walk around my driveway at 1am and I had to manually trigger the alarm, when it should have done it itself as I have set.

1 Like

The speakers work two ways as they should.

The alarms seem to work during the day when they detect human movement but do not work at night when there is no daylight.

You are correct

I have tested the cameras during the day and night and the problem is during the night only.

EUFY WE NEED YOU TO CONFIRM IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE CAMERA ALARMS BEING ACTIVATED WHEN THERE IS NO DAYLIGHT - WE All AWAIT YOUR REPLY

1 Like

Eufy we are all still waiting for a reply from you.

So are you saying there is no Eufy support on this community platform?

What about @Mengdi who keeps putting stuff on here about new products and making comments about when we can expect updates?

That’s pretty much all he does. He will tell you to contact support. I’m sure he is just not a support person. Probably a marketing guy.

2 Likes

“UPDATES COMING SOON…”

2 Likes

Has anyone been able to set the alarms to work when there is no daylight.

I think there is a serious security issue with these cameras if the alarms do not work when there is no daylight

I have emailed support, just waiting for a reply.

Any comment from @Mengdi on this problem - as you are a senior moderator on here your honest opinion on this matter would be much appreciated - we all await your reply.

please contact support@eufylife.com for technical support

1 Like

I have already done that - still waiting for a reply.

Who is the moderator who has knowledge on the EufyCam 2?

Just updating you all on this security issue - I have now received an email reply from support:

Dear Mike,

Thanks for contacting eufy customer support.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. As to your concern, please let us know if you have set the device as the schedule mode? If yes, please try to change the mode as Away mode to see how it works? Here are the steps: Security mode>Homebase Name>Secuity mode>Away mode. If the issue persists, please let us know the following information:

-Camera SN. You may check it on the camera or check it in the APP(My device>Camera Name>Camera Settings>Device Info>Serial Number).

-The exact time point when the camera should sound an alarm but doesn’t sound an alarm.

Awaiting your reply so we can further move on.

Have a nice day!

Tina

Eufy Customer Support Engineer

I will be trying out the away mode later tonight with the alarms activated and getting back to them with the results

I will keep you all updated with regards this serious security issue

1 Like

Update

I tried out the “away mode” yesterday in daylight and darkness as requested by Eufy support and the results are as follows:

Daylight - Day time:
Cameras and Homebase alarms both worked when motion was detected.

Darkness - Night time:
Cameras and Homebase alarms did not work when motion was detected.

I have reported the results to Eufy support and await there reply.

Further updates to follow.

1 Like

Update

I have just received this strange reply from Eufy support- I have carried out the tests they asked me to do and sent them all of the details they have requested.

Hi Mike,

Nice to hear from you.

Please do keep us posted. Any time you need us, we are here to assist you.

Tina

I will email them back and find out if they are still working on this serious security issue or if they need anything more from me to resolve this problem.

@Mengdi can you have a word with support and find out what is happening

Further updates to follow if support reply back to me.

1 Like

I have to say i have been wondering for a while if alarms were working when in night mode because it did not seem so.

I will do the test to confirm but i am almost certain that i have the same issue you have : alarm only goes on when in day mode.
Maybe it may be different if the motion detection setting is set to “all movements” instead of “human only” …

1 Like

@Haadsecure - I will try it out tonight and get back to you with the results

@jesuralem - it would be good feedback if you could also do the test and let us know what happens.

Update

I have received this reply from Eufy support this morning -I have explained to them that the test carried out were based on Home mode and Away mode.- I have sent them screen shots of all the settings II am using again

Dear Mike,

Nice to hear from you.

Thanks for your report here and we are sorry for the misunderstanding here. From your email on August 3, we notice that you will offer us a report tomorrow after you have tested them out. Therefore, we replied that “Please do keep us posted. Any time you need us, we are here to assist you.” Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

As to your concern, after a double-check with our tech team, we notice that the security mode for your Homebase is Schedule now. In your case, we are wondering if your guest changed your security mode from “Away” as “Schedule” without telling you? Also, you have disabled the camera alarm on your Home mode, so we suspected that the camera won’t sound an alarm in darkness at your home mode. To resolve your issue, please try to select the “Away” mode in your security mode settings again. Here are the steps: Security mode>Homebase Name>Secuity mode>Select Away mode.

Besides, it seems that the camera alarm was disabled in your away mode for your front door camera. You can try to enable the camera alarms for your front door camera if you hope it sounds an alarm when it was triggered.

Thanks for your patience on this matter and awaiting your reply so we can further move on.

Have a nice day!

Tina

A nice polite reply but not sure they clearly understand the security issue I have raised - it will be interesting to see what they say in their next email to me