Alexa routines not being triggered

Hey all

I am told this will be working by 15/12 /21by Shane the customer service manager

Ha! Letā€™s see shall weā€¦. Another promised deadline! I have zero faith in this company and donā€™t believe a word their cs team saysā€¦ā€¦

2 Likes

Read about setting up and working with Trigger Monkey and IFTT skills and routines inside and outside of Alexa

Work around for me:

In IFTT
If specific android notification, ā€œEufySecurity, Front Door.ā€
Then Trigger Monkey Routine I set up (seen as Doorbells in Alexa).

Then inside Alexa I set up a Routine
When the named doorbell is pressed (trigger by IFTT and Mokey), it will turn on smart sidewalk lights and send me a message on the echo device.

1 Like

Trigger monkey? Is that an app? Available of iOS?

1 Like

Does the disabled routine feature also include disabling the alexa announcement of ā€œmotion detected at x cameraā€?

This was working till the beginning of the week, then suddenly stopped. Iā€™ve tried everything to get that back and canā€™t figure it out.

Itā€™s an important feature I use everyday because I canā€™t have ringers or alarms on in my environment. This is usually my trigger to either review camera footage or answer the door.

Please let me know.

2 Likes

I only use iOS and I donā€™t think it works on Apple :confused:

Eufy just need to sort it out.

This will be because of the integration has been pulled by eufy

Yes exactly that. The motion detected event is no longer forwarded by the eufy servers to the Amazon Alexa server (I think) so Alexa never gets the motion detected notification and so any routine with this test in it doenst run on Alexaā€¦ā€¦ interesting you said it was working for you until this week as itā€™s not worked for me for at least 4 months now! Are you using Homebase 2?

@BigDaveH - Yes, Homebase 2. Not sure if being in Canada made a difference, but it was working well until only a few days agoā€¦ a week tops.

I havenā€™t found any workarounds. Doesnā€™t seem this Eufy system is open to many integrations. Really hoping they can get the Alexa one working for us again!

2 Likes

Same issue here, worked on this the past two days trying to get the motion detection to work on my Alexa but no good. I hope they fix this soon, it worked so well.

1 Like

Same here, I live in Toronto, Canadaā€¦I have both the HB2 and standalone cams. Routines and triggers were working good (not perfect) but was working relatively as expected. Suddenly I stopped receiving notifications. I ran the tests, triggers worked fine. I tried live environment and nothing worked. I tried the standard troubleshooting (re-enabling skills, clearing cache, restarting devices, reinstalling apps, re-checking all routines) but nothing worked. Iā€™m glad I found this forum and itā€™s not a glitch, and really hoping eufy will re-add the support soon. I read CCTV4 was promised Dec 15, but not exactly holding my breath based on previous peopleā€™s experiences.

If it starts working again for me, Iā€™ll send an update here.

1 Like

I called eufy support today. Got the run around. Put me on hold came back. Said I needed to reinstall Alexa app. I did that but still not working. I ended up getting a Wyze cam to trigger some of my routines. I am not a big fan of Eufy right now

2 Likes

Also Canadian, these were working for me up until last week (last motion event Nov 23rd).

Really disappointed to see this broken and feel for my American neighbors whoā€™ve been suffering alone for the last long while.

Shame I just recommended these to a bunch of people on the strength of this feature this is so stupid we canā€™t even get an ETA or acknowledgement of the issue.

2 Likes

Yes I am uk based and I think it stopped working about 4 - 5 months ago now! This is a decision / choice by eufy to switch off the integration with Alexa from their end.
I think someone else posted that they manager to get a response from a eufy cs rep confirming this and taht they were had done so temporarily due to some glitches but they were working on a solutionā€¦ā€¦ this was 5 months ago!
I have zero faith in them. They tell lies or at best are inconsistent with their cs advice. I wish I had never bought any of their security kit.

3 Likes

There Cs is the worst I have ever experienced from any company!

2 Likes

Just had a conversation with Eufy support about this, I couldnā€™t get an ETA or a proper answer about this and itā€™s shocking that this has been unanswered properly since June. I am still in time to return the item and get a refund for the camera I bought during the Black Friday, so Iā€™ll proceed that way. I work for an IT company and itā€™s shocking for me that such bug isnā€™t resolved/addressed since five months, there arenā€™t really excuses for that.

3 Likes

I see a lot of frustrated customers including me. It is ridiculous that a company doesnā€™t prioritize on a simple task. Simple because although they talk about R&D this is actually a functionality that all competitors have. Think they must consider hiring someone competent. Anyhow off of trigger topic, does anyone have my same issue of extreme Delay of live stream on Echo show? Stream is delayed by 3 minutes and diverging even more since it it laggy and slowed down.

Not sure what happened/changed, but the functionality seems to be back. I intentionally left ā€œMotion Announcementsā€ enabled for my front door camera in the Alexa settings, praying I would hear it again one day. To my surprise, I heard it 5 minutes ago when my wife opened the front door to hang the wreath!
Iā€™ll play around with it now and report back tomorrow. Good sign though - Iā€™m hopeful!

1 Like

Mine suddenly worked when the camera detected motion on my driveway too!

Howeverā€¦my contact door sensor is not triggering my routine to turn on my lights when open/close.

Hopefully itā€™s still a work in progress and fixed soon.

So far all 3 of my cameras are successfully triggering outdoor light routines when they detect motion.
AND Iā€™ve noticed that the time between motion detection and triggering lights is almost instant!
More testing/tinkering/tweaking (or what my wife calls time wasting) to be doneā€¦ Iā€™ll report back!

2 Likes