Announcement about Homekit - Indoor Cam

7/11 updated: [HomeKit is Coming to Indoor Cam!]

Hey, Indoor Cam users,

We just wanted to clear a few things up with regard to the issue of HomeKit compatibility. Firstly, we want to apologize for the delay which you are experiencing. We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience.

Our development team wants to provide you all with the best possible HomeKit experience and in order to achieve this, we decided to implement the HomeKit Secure Video function. This function will allow users to store videos to iCloud. The application of this function requires additional certification which unfortunately is the result of the delay. :sob:

The full HomeKit experience will officially be available to you before mid-July. If you want to experience it in advance, you can participate in our Beta Program, starting at the end of June.

Please keep an eye out in the community for the latest news and updates. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer service team via support@eufylife.com. We will reply to you as soon as possible.:slightly_smiling_face:

eufy Security team

29 Likes

Thanks for the update and future timeline. You are at least putting posts in the ground to launch HomeKit, unlike other companies that just remain silent or continue to say “we are working on bringing HomeKit blah blah blah” for 3+ years. :smile:

15 Likes

Will there also be a beta for the Wireless Door bell camera ?

25 Likes

Thank you for your attention, we will continue to optimize our products.:grin:

1 Like

This is how the Class Action Lawsuit begins.

You knowingly lied to customers and falsely marketed your product.

2 Likes

I would like to be part of this beta.

7 Likes

When did they lie?

2 Likes

Is it possible to add the indoor cams to HomeKit before HKSV has been added?

7 Likes

So ONLY benefit of HSV is safer local processing like on an iPhone then video encryptions that is safely stored in iCloud but if I simply use my sd card and basic Homekit does the Eufy 2k indoor cams still send my video to Eufy cloud for people/pet detection EVEN IF I ONLY CHOOSE LOCAL SD STORAGE?

Has anyone found a way to apply for beta when i go to https://www.anker.com/poweruser beta is grayed out and dont let us apply.

1 Like

Looks like It becomes Gray once you’ve applied.

1 Like

There is a world wide viral pandemic going on. Give it a rest please! :man_bowing:t2:

6 Likes

Curious when this is supposed to ship? I ordered on 4/17, haven’t seen anything about shipping. See others who ordered on the same day have already received them…

1 Like

Thanks for the update and your honesty
Much appreciated to keep your customers in the loop

Would be nice to offer that pre-release 35% off promo again for a limited time so we can buy more.

That would make us even happier as we wait!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dude, chill … Anker is very transparent!
Keep it up Anker, we love your reliable products :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Will the wired door cam be included?

6 Likes

Homekit? How about just concentrate on getting the cameras shipped out to the pre-order folks that ordered 2 months ago?

1 Like

The machine has been produced. The problem is on the shipping process caused by the corona virus and protest.

2 Likes

The Homekit feature for eufy Doorbell camera is during the planning stage :slight_smile:

We will consider the possibility of future development. Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

​Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day.

7 Likes