Announcement about Homekit - Indoor Cam

So, I’ve been able to test a home cam from another maker. It has lots of functionality but you have to pay or supply your own sd card to view history. It will be very interesting when eufy bring to market their home camera. What impresses me most with eufy is a couple of things. I like the security level that eufy installs into its products and customer support. It’s getting close to a release and customer testing and I for one will read what testers say with great interest!

1 Like

So does that camera came does it have HSV or HomeKit if not them type of cameras have been out for years one that comes to mind is YI. However i think most of the people looking at indoor cam is all in on HomeKit and HSV.

1 Like

I was super exited when HSV came to the EufyCam2. I was sorely disappointed in the performance (MUCH slower viewing recordings) and the fact that it only allows 4 cameras currently. I have 5 cameras and a doorbell. So…straddling two apps to see all my recordings + no current wired doorbell support for HomeKit = not yet.

Hopefully, Eufy brings doorbell/eufyhub 2 support in the future and we can see all our products in HomeKit at the very least.

Love the products. Love what they do. Patiently waiting for greater HomeKit integration.

Tomorrow is the last day of June… where is info about the beta? :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Definitely interested in testing. I have plenty of HomeKit devices and running iOS 13 and 14.

1 Like

I’m only interested in HomeKit because of the iOS 14 feature that allowed person identification! It’s going to be super useful to me, and will most likely work well (coming from Apple and all). Plus I have 2tb of icloud storage…

The beta will work for now if you’d allow me in on it. I did think of purchasing, and did buy this, on that premise. I hope it happens really soon so that doesn’t become an issue but yeah that’s a surprise it’s not out of the box now that I just opened said box

1 Like

Knock knock. This announcement has been unpinned June 28.
Eufy, an update would be great.

Um, I bought cameras in which support for the homekit was announced. Where’s she? I don’t need to talk about mid-July, give me support right now, otherwise you misled me before buying!

1 Like

Thanks you for giving us a time line. I love the pan and tilt I just got. I’m really looking forward to HomeKit secure video before mid July.

+1 for Homekit for the doorbell (wireless) please - hopefully this can be done with firmware and not hardware…? :crossed_fingers:t4:

EDIT: oh just saw this - so sounds like next version hardware only :anguished:
Anything you want to ask our New Operating Manager - Yanyee - #21 by Yanyee1 - Off-topic - Eufy Security Collective

Not sure if this is a problem for the wireless doorbell though. The wireless doorbell uses the Homebase which is Homekit certified.

1 Like

I agree with @Hemmik on this. Hombase2 is already certified (I think) so wireless doorbell connected to Homebase2 may already have HomeKit, but not available yet as eufy is still BETA testing this feature.
@Yanyee1 can confirm.

1 Like

thanks - I actually misread Yanyee’s post and didn’t see it said ‘wired doorbell’. so good point - cheers

1 Like

So I have access to HomeKit as of July 12 for the Eufy cameras. However, I can’t control it at all, is it supposed to be that way? Like I can view the camera, and record with HomeSecure or whatever but have no ability to control the camera.

Yes that is correct. When setting up HomeKit you are given a detailed list of what doesn’t work. You cannot control the camera. You can only see it where it is currently pointed and can see any recordings. You can also use Siri to bring up a camera pretty quickly. If you need to control anything on the camera or even use the two way voice feature you will need to use the Eufy Security app.

It doesn’t say anything about two way audio not working…

1 Like

Guideline can be found in: