Battery Doorbell - Downward Angled Shim

Not sure how many people are in the same boat, but I would like to find a shim for the battery doorbell (and some non-battery doorbell owners may have an interest as well) that moves the angle down by 7 to 10 degrees. There’s obviously a cost associated with including the included 15 degree side shim, but perhaps a similar up/down shim could be included for those with a specific need. The upward angle might have application for locations where the entrance is at the bottom of a set of stairs.

2 Likes

As Ring doorbell where both shim are included.

Have you tried mounting the doorbell horizontally with the enclosed shim for now. The image may off by 90degrees just rotate to watch. Maybe an interim solution till someone make one or you can fashion it out of a piece of plywood scrap , you do need a sander.

Oh yes, try a door wedge or wooden shims from a hardware store.

There is one on eBay

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here!

You have our promise that our engineers would work day and night to improve this product and we are glad to have your support and understanding, which would be a huge encouragement for us to seeking continuous improvement.

We will consider the possibility of future development. Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

​Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day!

I made one out of wood and then painted it. I had to push mine out past the brick as well.

Would you mind sharing a pic?

image image

2 Likes

That looks great but they shouldn’t require the consumers to have to go out their way to diy or purchase a third party shim. It should all be in one package as part of the doorbell.

1 Like

All of the black plastic you see came with the doorbell. The wood is what I cut. With that said I do have the tools to be able to cut a piece of wood at a custom angle and screw it in.

I also was looking for this angle, they could also sell different angle degree wedges for a small fee.