Buy another brand

I wish I never bought these cameras!!! They’re just horrible!

4 Likes

I second that!

2 Likes

And yet I love mine and highly recommend them. Have helped install them at many friends and families and after a few years of solid use with a number of outdoor Eufy cams I couldn’t be happier.

9 Likes

I disagree i actually like the hardware and appreciate how well these cameras work. I do think I am shopping for another brand, however.

I feel we were marketed a system that would give us more control over our video files, but I’ve run in to too many issues that make this not true. I believe the system is what is tripping most people up.

Having a basic download all, should be standard and yet we don’t see this on the app or website.

I spend way too much time scrolling because I can’t search video clips based on time.

And I’ve tried every way and just at a loss, despite having nearly 8 cameras the only good way to view this system is my phone. Which is disappointing.

The straw over the camels back was when someone stole a bag from my brother in law’s truck and despite a camera pointing right at it, the Eufy system failed to pick up the motion.

Honestly thinking about wired systems again at least access would be simple and could view on a TV…

1 Like

you can actually view your cameras on your tv. it requires an amazon firestick with alexa. once set up just ask alexa as you would an echo show device. also if you want to download all your videos couldn’t you just use the NAS (network attached storage) feature in the app.

AMEN. Dippy indoor siren is WORTHLESS,but they have a 2 cam doorbell… Eufy is a TOY… NOT a security system.

3 Likes

Agreed. 2K doorbell detects hubcaps on stationary vehicles in the driveway, and other miscellaneous objects in the yard, but will completely ignore people walking up to the door. Fucking garbage device I wish I could get refunded.

Interesting. Mine detects everything including people walking to the door, people walking by if I’ve not set the range. My neighbor has a Ring system and his and mine compare similarly except that mine has local storage.
Stays charged for a couple months.
I’m puzzled at any complaints.

The video clips are all time stamped. How can you not search by time?

Please come and do mine as they don’t work now for some reason

Cute anecdotal story. Doesn’t change the fact that an alarming percentage of people have issues with detection that cannot be remedied by changing setting configurations, and the company continues to not address the issues.

Gee, I’m 75 years old, bought the battery 2k model and I think it works great. Except for the 12-second delay in detection, I’ve used all the settings and all worked, pictures are great, audio great as well.
Perhaps some are defective or some people are never satisfied.
My neighbor has a Ring and we both agree that they are very comparable except that I have local storage.