Camera orientation

Would be nice to have a software option for mounting the camera rotated 90 degrees, so it shows the video the right way around.
I am also curious about if the human detection works the same if mounted sideways?

/Palle

8 Likes

Yes that was what i thought and that’s why I make this suggestion to improve/enhance the software so you can mount and configure the camera rotated ± 90 degrees.
Then Motion detection and activity zones would work fine.

Using Eufy cam 2 …

/P

6 Likes

Raised nearly two years ago here but ignored :frowning:

5 Likes

This is a must have and such a basic function, can we get an update please.

Crazy that I have to rotate the camera when the software should do this.

5 Likes

Please eufy this is basic functionality - we need the ability to rotate 90 degrees

4 Likes

This would not only be a huge redesign to deal with portrait views on every product and apps… but the outdoor cams use a hardware motion detector that can’t deal with a rotation. Wired cams don’t have this sensor and can rotate… They “could” work for this in theory

2 Likes

These work in horizontal … but would the portrait field of view get motion coverage? (Other than close-up)

2 Likes

Please up vote and notice EUFY. I’ve mounted my camera at a 90 degree (nearly perpendicular to the ground) due to it being tucked under an eve and in order to capture(extend field of view) down along the house/street.

3 Likes

Are you planning to make a 90 degree change?