Clear glass lens protector fallen out

Lens protector has come out and I have had to sellotape this into place so the camera doesn’t get wet. Contacted eufy and as it’s just outside the warranty they will not repair or replace, will just give me a small discount to replace it which I think is totally unacceptable as I haven’t got a spare £100.00 laying around at the moment. When asked if this should happen they said no it’s defect but still will not replace. Not happy when my whole home security system is with them and doesn’t seem as robust as they have made out!

2 Likes

I have exactly the same issue!!

1 Like

Will they replace it? I have used gorilla glue on mine and it’s held it in place and is still useable but can see where it has been glued which is annoying!

I had the same problem where the glass fell out of my doorbell only that my glass fell on the sidewalk and broke. I contacted eufy asking for a replacement and they said I was out of the warranty range also. I told them I felt like they should stand behind there product and if they will not I would return all of the cameras, doorbells and base stations and replace them all with Ring. They replied with a small discount. I replied with that is unacceptable and I should have it replaced with a new one. They latter responded with an offer to ship me a refurbished one. I replied that a new one is the right thing to do here so they shipped me a new one. I hope my experience will help someone in the future.

Your very lucky , I had the same scenario however they refused to send me a new one, I will however forward this message on to show it’s happened after mine and has been replaced.

I have had exactly the same issue. We found the doorbell camera glass on the front step. My worry is that damp will now get in if it’s not sealed correctly. Reading the comments on here, it seems to be a common problem which doesn’t get much of a resolution from Eufy.

1 Like

May I ask… which doorbell has this specific problem?

Same problem, exactly 1 month after warranty ran out, it seems to be made to fail after 2y?

2 Likes

Same issue and same bullcrap piss poor customer service. Won’t be recommending this entire brand to any buyers anymore. Its clearly a product defect that they should replace not just tell you to buy the new version where they clearly did fix it.

I have exactly the same problem. I’m not sure about how long I’ve the doorbell.
But as I see how many people has the same problem, it must be a factory error.
I also noticed that he is not always recording in the dark

Add me to the list. Mine just popped out. Starting to feel less enthusiastic about this brand.

1 Like

Me as well its really annoying. How much do they charge for a replacement glass and what discount did they offer?

1 Like

Yep same here. It worked for a while, but now the moisture/damp on the camera lens will not registrate movements. I am fucked up. payed a lot and in the beginning satisfied, but now. Don’t ask.

I noticed the lens in my doorbell moved when I wiped off the heavy rain I didn’t think it did that before, will check in the morning if it’s loose.

@eufy do you not think it’s about time you address this? You told me this was an isolated issue and just a one off that my door bell was faulty however did not replace this . You can clearly see from this chat it’s a faulty product, I think this needs to be escalated and resolved for us all!

3 Likes

I was about to hang my doorbell up after charging and mine just fell off too :frowning:

Same issue here with the glass lens protector falling out. For whatever its worth,

1 Like

I had to remove EUFY wireless doorbell from its cradle to recharge. The glass lens fell into my hand. I’ve contacted support for advice. Reading comments here does sound common and not promising.

I’ve experienced exact same situation - took the doorbell to recharge it and the glass fell on the ground. Contacted support and response I got is very disappointing. My warranty period has expired so they are unable to offer any potential solution. Furthermore, they seem to be denying the problem by saying “This is certainly a very rare occurrence.” Well, it doesnt seem so when googling the problem.
Poor service, unfortunately.

1 Like

Waiting to hear back from EUFY. No doubt I’ll receive the same response. So what next? How do we secure it back in? I think get a thin double sided sticky pad, cut around lens, and get a smaller circle ie coin, carefully stick back in place. I wouldn’t super glue it.