Connecting to Google Assistant

How on earth do you connect the 2K Wired Doorbell to Google Assistant. I’ve followed all the suggestions/videos I’ve found, enabled 2FA in Google and while I get to the point where the app states eufy security linked successfully, neither is the device there or is eufy security listed as a linked service when I try again.

I bought this as a replacement for a Ring Pro, recommended because it lets you use Google Home Speakers as additional chimes and for the obvious benefit of no subscription and local storage. I’m in a large home and there’s no way the single eufy chime will be heard throughout but for the love of Mike, it needs to connect!

Also, the apple watch notifies me of events and prompts me to tap to see the event only to be told that the watch app only supports a lock and shows an OK button which does nothing. Really impressed!!

I’m also looking forward to RSTP coming as I can then integrate it into my video system

You dont connect them to your google speakers sadly. Most wanted feature… no response

I’m confused. Why on earth would they say this doorbell can operate with Google Assistant (which it doesn’t appear to even connect to)? To do what?

1 Like

Right, I checked my Google account via the web and eufy security shows as linked here but not on the iPhone, so I rebooted the phone to refresh Google Home app and behold, the service is connected and the doorbell shows up!

So, what can I do connected to Google…? Not very much it seems. As Jvi wrote above, the doorbell can NOT be connected to your Google Home speakers to use them as extra chimes. The only thing it appears I can do is view the camera feed via a Chromecast (or a stand-alone display thing if I had one).

However, viewing on the Chromecast is another issue altogether. It took me long enough to get anything other than a white screen with the eufy logo and spinny-thingy (with a Chromecast Ultra) or a plain black screen (with spinny-thingy) on a Chromecast. I did get a stream up eventually on the Chromecast Ultra but only by disabling my Firewall and then only intermittently (Chromecast only got to a “Smart Home Camera” screen).

It appears when the Chromecast requests the video feed it does so by connecting to an Amazon EC2 server which in turn gets it from the camera. Is this correct? I thought everything was supposed to be kept within my network. Does this mean if Amazon’s servers go down again (as they did on 7 Dec 21) that this would be also unavailable? Otherwise, does the Chromecast simply query the AWS for the IP/Port on my network and get the feed direct? Moot point really; I’m not leaving my Firewall off and I wouldn’t know what to allow anyway.

I’d been thinking of kitting out the whole place with eufy equipment; I love Anker hardware but not if this is the standard of the software.