Constantly recording of nothing

Since yesterday, a couple of my cams have been recording events without any movement. It happens every 3-5 minutes. No settings have been changed for weeks.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:t4: I’m having the same problem just started a few days ago.

Same thing, I notice Eufy had an update to the hub about an hour before it started occurring…

1 Like

Ok, think I figured it out, have just sent Eufy a note. Check your camera software version, for some reason I cannot update this through the app, however cameras with the issue are running a older software version. Hope this helps…

Yes I have exactly the same problem and I believe it’s due to an auto update on my base unit that occurred on the 2nd April at 4.30 am AET. I’ve emailed EUFY and I’m waiting for a response and resolve.

1 Like

Yes, I have the same issue. Started after last update.

Same here
Freaked me out when I was out with kids and cameras keep recording nothing since the latest update so annoying and scary

Are u suggesting updating through website not app?

Same here

Yes ! 4am a update was made then ever since then all cameras want to record every minute ! .

Clearly errors in the update

1 Like

Yes, mine updated at 5:06 yesterday morning & there were 420 videos yesterday. Today i worked on them for 8 hours off & on, had to charge them because it drained the batteries too. Ended up removing home base from app, unplugging home base & hitting the button on back to power down, then hit sync bittons on each camera 5 times until tone & lights, then adding them all back. FINALLY all is calm again. Customer service was zero help btw, but it was driving me nuts so i kept trying & researching. It certainly makes me feel better that i wasn’t the only one having the same issue.

2 Likes

Yes same here. Had update and now have hundreds of notifications. Draining batteries and driving me crazy.

1 Like

Update. It did work to reset everything until it got dark. Now there’s constant videos again :sweat:

1 Like

So I have about had it with this “security camera system” it is no use just goin off constantly with nothing happening. Total waste of time. Support is of no use anymore.
So before I take this system and get rid of it… does anyone have a fix for it??? Seems Eufy is only worried about there sale and getting stuff out the door. Maybe that’s what I should do with my setup…

1 Like

Having the same issues. Started the same time as you guys.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue since the update, the problem is on eufycam(1st generation), my 2c cameras are working ok. I hope they push out a fix soon as the system is useless with constant recordings of nothing.

1 Like

2k indoor
After app update
Everything fail.
No detection
No notification
No storage access.
No access to setting.

Reboot restart won,t help.

1 Like

Update: Received an new update today and looks to have solved my issue.

1 Like

Hi I’m using this app because I feel scared at night :star::stars:

:bison::kangaroo::dragon::sloth::giraffe::camel::ox::elephant::dromedary_camel::water_buffalo::rhinoceros::crocodile::orangutan::tiger2::crab::dolphin::tropical_fish::blowfish: