As you all know, earlier this year (May 29th) @AnkerSupport promised that HomeKit will be coming to battery doorbells soon and to keep an eye out for the update. This prompted a lot of people to buy a battery doorbell. Going on 4 months later and no update. Eufy’s response?
“We are looking into if we can do it” = basically nothing as has started, and the earlier comment was a lie.
This has left hundreds of upset customers, and many people (like myself) will be returning their doorbell, and advising anyone to stay away from Eufy products. I’ve already started to comment on threads outside of this community when people are asking for suggestions to stay away from Eufy!
In that thread I’ve been asking @AnkerSupport to answer 6 questions to let the community what is happening with HomeKit on their doorbells:
@AnkerSupport, answer these questions so your customers know what’s going on.
- Is HomeKit planned for the Wired Doorbell ?
- Is HomeKit planned for the Wireless Battery Doorbell ?
- What stage of development for both is Eufy up to?
- What happened to it “coming soon” in May?
- If you cannot implement HomeKit, will you open RTSP feeds or a standard API , so your customers can do your job for you ?
- Are you planning a HomeKit doorbell in any capacity? Whether an add on for current doorbells, or a brand new product.
Unfortunately, despite @AnkerSupport being online every day since (you can view their “last seen” on their profile) they ignore our questions and continue to treat the community like idiots, releasing new products instead of supporting their current customers. So now I will be creating a new thread, one without any confusion as to what we want answered.
@AnkerSupport, it’s time you address this issue once and for all.