Deliver what was promised Eufy - Where’s HomeKit for Doorbells?!

As you all know, earlier this year (May 29th) @AnkerSupport promised that HomeKit will be coming to battery doorbells soon and to keep an eye out for the update. This prompted a lot of people to buy a battery doorbell. Going on 4 months later and no update. Eufy’s response?

“We are looking into if we can do it” = basically nothing as has started, and the earlier comment was a lie.

This has left hundreds of upset customers, and many people (like myself) will be returning their doorbell, and advising anyone to stay away from Eufy products. I’ve already started to comment on threads outside of this community when people are asking for suggestions to stay away from Eufy!

In that thread I’ve been asking @AnkerSupport to answer 6 questions to let the community what is happening with HomeKit on their doorbells:

@AnkerSupport, answer these questions so your customers know what’s going on.

1. Is HomeKit planned for the Wired Doorbell ?
  2. Is HomeKit planned for the Wireless Battery Doorbell ?
  3. What stage of development for both is Eufy up to?
  4. What happened to it “coming soon” in May?
  5. If you cannot implement HomeKit, will you open RTSP feeds or a standard API , so your customers can do your job for you ?
  6. Are you planning a HomeKit doorbell in any capacity? Whether an add on for current doorbells, or a brand new product.

Unfortunately, despite @AnkerSupport being online every day since (you can view their “last seen” on their profile) they ignore our questions and continue to treat the community like idiots, releasing new products instead of supporting their current customers. So now I will be creating a new thread, one without any confusion as to what we want answered.

@AnkerSupport, it’s time you address this issue once and for all.

13 Likes

@AnkerSupport you need to address these questions and stop treating your customers like idiots!!

6 Likes

Would also like to add to the (every growing) list of complaints. It appears Eufy had promised RTSP support for the Battery Doorbell in June and are now saying its not possible. Another broken promise.

3 Likes

I bought it 2 months ago and because of the promise and can’t return it anymore…really disappointing. Where did you read that they can’t get RTSP to work on the doorbell? Looking at the iOS app on my Mac, there seem to be references to RTSP for a doorbell:

“ Please confirm if you want to configure your doorbell video clips stored to your NAS device via RTSP ?_MThe RTSP feature on doorbell only works with NAS that supports RTSP protocol._DPlease set up your doorbell with a static IP address in your router._TPlease make sure your doorbell has been set with a static IP address in your router._\RTSP (NAS) does not support 2K resolution, the Recording Quality options are not selectable.”

This might be a different one, since there are references to a “small battery doorbell” which might be the slim doorbell.

Link for user confirming email from Eufy saying no RTSP:

I’ve already started the process of returning my doorbell. Hopefully you all have better luck than me. I’ve given up.

1 Like

The support documentation for the Wired Doorbell used to say that HomeKit is coming in 2020. Now it simply says “Not supported”. :rage:

3 Likes

Are you honestly surprised?

They just wanna grow the brand and profits not the interface and features. Wish I could return but I cannot. So just riding the wave.

4 Likes

if yall knew what it takes to get approved for Apple home kit then you would understand its not just Eufy. Apple also has dropped the ball because they also announced it was coming, but in the end apple did not approve it for home kit support. HomeKit is still one of the trickiest for manufacturers to get their tech working with, but a lot of that is down to Apple’s super-high encryption and security standards.

1 Like

Maybe that’s the case. But Eufy promised the feature in May as coming soon. Smaller companies like Yobi have figured it out just fine. Unfortunately for Eufy, I don’t feel like spreading any blame. They seem incompetent at everything they touch. Will Apple also be blamed for:

1. No RTSP despite being promised.
  2. Unable to access local storage when their servers go down.
  3. 2FA still not being available globally despite the fact this is a “security company”.

Eufy has burnt their goodwill, and I’m not going to give them an out.

2 Likes

Could not agree with this more - I too purchased the door bell on the premise HomeKit support was coming, 2 months on - nothing and no confirmation. My advice is stay away from this product, I have it installed but soon to rip it out and replace with a doorbell which is HomeKit ready. To say I’m disappointed is an understatement.

2 Likes

Another vote for getting existing products improved before more new products. My battery doorbell sometimes just misses detecting and recording people walking up to it, even with all motions and max sensitivity. WTF.

Don’t get me wrong, HK be nice. But detection/recording needs to be better in first place

5. If you cannot implement HomeKit, will you open RTSP feeds or a standard API , so your customers can do your job for you ?
  6. Are you planning a HomeKit doorbell in any capacity? Whether an add on for current doorbells, or a brand new product.

It’s another day of silence from you and it’s deafening @AnkerSupport, @Eufy_Video_Doorbell

4 Likes

This is true for all manufacturers, not just Eufy: Don’t buy a device with promised HomeKit support. You’ll just be disappointed.

4 Likes

Very true. But this is Eufy’s community, so I’ll call them out here for their lies here and ask @AnkerSupport to actually reply with something meaningful.

6 Likes

Shhhhh your making them look like :poop:.

3 Likes

It’s another day of silence from you and it’s deafening @AnkerSupport, @Eufy_Video_Doorbell

5 Likes

As I said before, you want those answers then send support@eufylife.com an email. Sure they are listed here in the forum but they do so in a limited capacity.

I have done it. They do not answer either. Only something like: we are sorry.

1 Like

I will see what I can find out for everyone, just bear with me

3 Likes

Interesting to hear this, so does this mean that it’s Eufy’s encryption and security standards that are not up to scratch? If so this is certainly not down to Apple, but simply Eufy’s non-ability to set top notch security standards. Come on Eufy,if other manufacturers can do it, then why not you?

2 Likes