Design flaw no security

Just got my doorbell 2k cam installed. Whilst I would love to buy other eufy “” security “” products, I can’t until they fix the design flaw that allows any criminal just unclip the camera and taking it with them and disabling access to video footage without even entering the home. No other security system can be disabled by just removing or damaging an external piece of hardware. Really bizarre product design. Thankfully all I needed was a doorbell!

It just makes the whole eufy eco system completely redundant. What incentive is there for a “” security “” system that offers zero security?

2 Likes

Eufy is simply pushing their cloud storage as a backup.
They really should get their act together and let all cameras connect to the homebase.
I have four Eufy camera’s and two of them connect to the homebase and allow for a RTSP stream to my NAS, one of them only allows cloud storage and RTSP and the last one only allows for cloud storage besides the local storage.
I simply don’t get why Eufy created this mess.

2 Likes

Well if eufy want me to buy more products then they better get this fixed. But it seems to be an ongoing issue for over a year now. I have no intention of buying a subscription service.

Its ironic as I have money I wanted to give them for additional products. I will likely just skip eufy and invest in a different security system and just use this as a doorbell. Shame really as they have some great features that are completely redundant because of this.

1 Like

I agree, it seems that Eufy doesn’t care and are only looking at short term revenue.
Something simple as everything connecting to their homebase and having the choice to either send the footage to your NAS through RTSP or if you want it their cloud service.
Eufy also doesn’t seem to want to give a decent answer to this discussion.

This is really strange. What kind of security is this? I bought Eufy doorbell and 2 cameras and now have discovered this. What makes it even more horrible that all it needs is a small software update

1 Like