Doorbell battery life dropping fast

Pretty much.

1 Like

spoke too soon. charging still a problem. it doesnt die as fast as the other one, but still the battery management is funky and needs work. honestly i dont see them ever fixing this.

I’ve had my doorbell battery for about 6 months now. I’ve never gotten more than 22 days out of it before fully depleting the battery life. Typically I have to recharge it anywhere between 15-20 days of usage. Although I like the product a lot having to charge it almost twice a month isn’t really something I signed up for (I was expecting to only have to charge it twice per year). This past week I changed the setup to run off the doorbell wire (instead of only on battery) so that I don’t have to ever recharge this thing.

Your transformer is below specs for the doorbell. Specs for this device are 18-24 VAC @ 30VA. Your transformer is only giving you 14VA, so the current available to the doorbell is half what it needs to charge the doorbell under normal conditions. It may still charge during times when its not detecting anything, but it will be very slow to get to a full charge and may never get there.

Clearly you didn’t read the additional info below with my post about having the same poor experience with the 24v 1.7amp charge (recommended by support)

Fast forward nearly a year later and the issue has gotten worse, dropping from 75% to 12% in under 48 hours.

Reduce the sensitivity and make the detection area a bit less so that it’s not so close to the street.

Mine also drains too fast. Around 14 days it will take to completely drain the battery.
In the beginning (approx a year ago) it took 3 months with a lot of recording to drain the battery.
Now, in 7 days with an average of 15seconds per clip, 10 clips per day, it is drained from 100 to 38%.
I didn’t sign for this bi weekly charging shit. :expressionless:

I know your post is 3 years old, but yes, that is what I am currently getting. About 1 week between charges :frowning:

My battery on a brand new doorbell lasts 7-9 days despite setting the parameters with Eufys suggestions. Compared to my cheap previous doorbell lasting a year initially. It said on my stats, after less than 30 days, I’d used for 147 days! Not true, reset and it lasted 8 days. It’s not sufficient unless you turn everything off, I’m having conversations with Eufy now, if it’s not resolved it’s going back