Doorbell not recording events

My doorbell has recently stopped recording events once it gets dark, and is now also missing events in the daylight. Anyone else have similar issues? Are there any fixes for it?

13 Likes

Snap! We appear to be having the same problem. Noticed it a few times in the past but more so in last 24 hrs.

2 Likes

Me too. Just installed with latest firmware Any way to fix?

2 Likes

Same here.

Doesn’t seem to be a Doorbell only issue as the same incident continued to my Garage’s cam2pro where it wasn’t recorded either.

Potentially a Home base issue?

1 Like

Is just installed the doorbell and Home base and directly got a firmware update. I tried a lot, but I don’t get the motion detection to work good.

2 Likes

Same here

2 Likes

Same issue here - installed the 2k battery doorbell (but wired it) and it was working for a few days, but stopped giving notifications a few days ago. Just tested it now and it only gave us a notification when we rang the doorbell. That seemed to fix it, but who knows how long it will last. It’s like the doorbell falls asleep or something and needs to be “woken up”.

3 Likes

Same here. No notifications and no recordings from Doorbell for at least a week. Anyone have any ideas what’s going on? Tried rebooting homebase, disabled and reenabled doorbell and still nothing. I’m on Android, wife is on iPhone and same thing for her.

3 Likes

same. i only have the floodlight and it sends me the notification that the camera saw something but doesn’t want to record. i tried restarting it, restarted wifi, turn on and off different settings. nothing. (also it started to not record anything yesturday. before that there was no problems until now)

2 Likes

Same here. Was working fine very pleased then in the last few days is missing all human events.

2 Likes

There is definitely something related to it waking up. If someone comes and leaves quick it does not activate or record but if they are a bit slow it does capture the end. Also if you go and check after this has happened it works ok, because it is now awake. I think eufy have changed something somewhere, hopefully they will take note and release an update soon I have the T8210 on firmware 1.1.1.7 and Homebase 2 on firmware 2.1.8.5h subsystem 1.3.0.9 all have been checked they are on the latest version.

3 Likes

Installed a wired doorbell a few days ago. Was working pretty good after playing with the settings a little. Now today it’s having trouble detecting anything. Tried resetting everything, played with settings, has latest firmware, etc… . No better!

3 Likes

Same here, very frustrating. I can tap on it at times and nothing happens.

1 Like

Same here. Pretty sure it’s related to an app update a week or two ago. Was working fine before that.

1 Like

Same here. Worked fine until 2nd Dec and then no events recorded.

2 Likes

2k battery doorbell, same thing. Worked fine for about a week. I just bought it at the beginning of this month. There’s been several missed motion detections and the notifications are inconsistent. Sometimes I get the notification up to 30 seconds after detection and sometimes no notification until I open the app. My 2c cams have no problem so I know it’s not my wifi or phone.
UPDATE: after messing with settings, the best option at the moment is to have it set on all motion with a lower sensitivity. Until they fix the human only detection it’s better than no alerts or recordings.

6 Likes

Same problem here. Last night someone was at the door, no notification or recording. Very frustrating, everything was working just fine untill now.

3 Likes

Same issue here, on daytime hardly any notifications of movements etc, only a notification when somebody actually rings the bell. In the evening and night it basically catches all movements, even cars driving by which are only a few seconds in camera view.
I hope they resolve this issue fast, this is not what I expect from such an expensive device!

4 Likes

Same here! I made the mistake of trying to factory reset the doorbell and re-add it to the app. Now I can’t even access the live video.

Granted, I was seeing event capture and livestream issues with the doorbell prior to this, but I found that restarting the doorbell from the app and then quitting/relaunching the app would (temporarily) restore functionality. Now it’s gone. I just see, “Preparing to play…” followed by an error message.

4 Likes

I’m getting exactly the same issue. No notifications reaching my phone, very little recordings too…

3 Likes