Doorbell not recording events

Brand new battery door bell, just out of the box, set up but zero events recording or notified regardless of settings. :frowning:

It just does not work! Reset, reinstalled, rechecked set up - nope, no matter what this video door bell does not register any movement at all. It only registers an event if the bell button is pressed. Good to know all criminals will announce their presence by ringing the bell first! It’s going back to the store . :confounded:

1 Like

Same. Insalled weeks ago, get event notification but never have had a recording. Always the same error saying it was deleted

Same problem and now the new update has made things even worse. I have twenty or more alerts showing only to find no or perhaps one, captured event.

Same here out of the box, no events. in the outside only inside

Likewise same problem with my 2K doorbell with issues starting around the same time (mid Jan for me). All working well for the first month. Getting nowhere with Eufy support.
At first I thought it wasn’t detecting anything, but looking at the power management settings it looks to be picking up lots of events but filtering out via Ai. No recordings coming through other than the odd one every few days. My Eufy 2C Cams appear to be unaffected by this issue.

1 Like

I’m having this issue too. New wireless doorbell a couple weeks old and it hasn’t worked right from the day I installed it. It doesn’t alert for anything when I set it to Humans Only. It looks like the AI is filtering out all the detections

Have a 2k wired doorbell and it doesn’t catch me going out at 7:00 in the mornings with dogs, but that seems to wake it as it catches my wife and daughter going out within 10 minutes of each other around 7:45. Was deleting history just before posting this and the 20 days I deleted hadn’t me going out at 7ish but had my wife and daughter. Notification is also very erratic on my android phone. Come on Eufy fix the bloody thing!!

1 Like

Mine will record cars driving down the street and people walking by on the sidewalk and notify me as events, but not people coming into the yard or onto the porch. Unless they ring the doorbell. Contacted eufy and they said they installed the latest updates, but it’s still not working properly. Sigh.

1 Like

Same thing with a wired doorbell. It sends me a notification that someone came but I can’t go back and see it and it practically records nothing unless someone rings the bell or walks to our door. Fucking useless

Same. Doorbell will pick up a bus driving by, but not anyone coming to the door. Pretty sucky tbh.

Ours stop recording all events day anf night. Dont know what to do. Tried all that eufy suggests.

1 Like

Same thing for me but I fixed it
Put your doorbell on custom settings in the power management section and put the intervals for when the camera starts recording to 2sec
Then I took off auto night vision
put the lenght to 60 sec
Also put it on record all events
And lowered the sensitivity to 2 and it been working every since … I think the problem is the bell goes to sleep and doesn’t wake up so I think the last update glitch it out.I hope this helps

One potential fix is to disarm everything through the app (in the “Security” page), close the app, wait 10-15 seconds, re-open the app, and re-arm everything.

I have tried all of the suggestions and I am still unable to record anything on my Eufy Video Doorbell 1080P (Wired). It is completely useless and I have noticed that Eufy has very limited technical support coverage as their offices are closed today.

I have similar problems. For a while now the doorbell was only recording my movements to and from the house. No-one else was being recorded unless they press the doorbell.
Now there are no events being recorded at all.