Easy to steal. Eufy is a toy company not a security company

I’m not saying that nor do I care that all other IP camera systems are crap. Eufy is the company that I trusted to keep my home and family safe, they completely screwed it without being honest about their shortcomings.
And you want me to buy more cameras and show a multi-million dollar organisation how to secure their cameras? No thanks. I have been as constructive as I can be. As I said, this thread is for future Eufy buyers to take an informed decisions and Eufy to review the feedback and improve their products. This is an honest feedback with real product improvement suggestions.
If it’s as you say and Eufy hasn’t improved their products in two years, then that means they are lax on security and it’s all about marketing.

1 Like

FYI, I had the camera 7ft high. My house is single storied. The thief used a log as a stool. Don’t know where they got that from, it was left behind.
Mate, you do realise that a thief can simply press and hold the sync button and then unscrew and steal it. That could be the reason why there were no videos.
And I told you multiple times, all Eufy needs to do is for the Camera alarms to go off when the Homebase is off-range and prevent the device from being paired with another Homebase.
Aren’t you ashamed of defending mediocrity?

2 Likes

You are a smart cookie.

2 Likes

To get my cams to trigger correctly…. They are all within reach. Not sure I care if they are picked… but I want the footage!

1 Like

On the batt cams…. Activity zones don’t work anyway. ( full disclosure… the wired c24 does work actually )

1 Like

Yes very ashamed, I really can’t help myself. It’s a real shame that I researched a product I was interested in and then processed to buy it.

Yes there were many other brands I could have bought but I did go for a mid level brand. If I wanted 100% coverage I could have paid well over the odds.

I think this situation is unfortunate for you. This is not what I would want to happen either. But if you live in a 1 story house you should have got wired cameras. There’s floors in every system though. Most cameras can be bypassed by using a broom stick to point the camera in a different direction.

You’ve had a stinker.

2 Likes

Mate, I researched and heard from reviewers very much like yourself about how well this product works and how easy it is to setup. And this is exactly what I want to fix, give honest reviews about the product so that people considering their options are not just inundated with one sided views but also the critical views.
Irrespective of the “level” of the brand, you would expect it to have features that support it’s core functionality - security! Think about it this way, whether I buy a Toyota or BMW, I would expect it to drive, be able lock it and it to be immobilised if hot-wired. The fact that someone got into my property and I don’t have any footage of the camera being moved is ridiculous.
No matter how much you defend Eufy, the fact that Eufy cameras are not fit for purpose is evident.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this thread is so amusing with your random waffling on and on.

1 Like

just place them at 3 meters high. nobody will steal them i think :joy::rofl:

Not so fast; Eufy is not necessarily “weak on this” as they have provided the home base as an option for storage of footage as well as an option for a monitoring service. Every system has weak points. For example, commercial-grade surveillance systems’ cameras could develop video issues within a year as the sun cooks the circuit boards and hardwired commercial systems have fast-action fuses within a power box because those camera systems must contend with lightning strikes. Eufy’s system is very practical, scalable, feasible, upgradable, and private. It is secure enough. The storage is encrypted. A couple of options worth Eufy’s consideration would be a loud siren and a loudspeaker for noisy areas (and both could be accomplished in one loudspeaker).

Homebase is not a solution since only a few camera’s connect to it. My floodlight camera’s can’t use homebase and that is a stupid decision on Eufy’s part.

1 Like

This is a very strange thread - some people on here seem keen to defend the company against serious criticism with a religious fervour! Yet it is true: you will not be aware of shortcomings from the marketing material.

I only put my cameras up this week; as a newly widowed person, I find myself living alone with a reduced budget. It is important to me to have some outdoor security but I cannot afford to keep replacing it in this high crime neighbourhood.

I chose Eufy because I thought I would need something that would work with Apple Home kit. I didn’t realise that the Eufy software actually allows the cameras to be used to their maximum potential and efficiency.

I didn’t realise that the microphones worked at such a low level that all you can hear sounds like a constantly flushing toilet and that speech is so distorted you’d be better off trying to lipread.
I didn’t realise that visitors to my neighbours’ houses (they have asked me not to put privacy screening on the front) would be picked up right on the corners of the screen - but only when they have walked from their cars for a good ten seconds; while my neighbour, kindly tidying up my rose bush in the middle of the screen for five minutes, would not feature.
I didn’t realise that I would be able to unscrew one camera without the alarm going off; but that on my way back to replace it, as soon as it got near the home base, they both let out a piercing alarm that didn’t let up on the camera until it was screwed back in again.
And I didn’t realise that the camera at the back would randomly. keep going off for a video that was totally motionless for a short spell in the morning.

One of my cameras cannot be placed out of reach. It needs to capture people approaching the front door which is in a storm porch. If I put it on an outside wall, it will either miss capturing visitors on the doorstep or it will only get the backs of their heads.
At the moment, I am finding the whole system random and inscrutable. But if Eufy is not made aware of these issues, it will not improve any of its products.

1 Like