Effect of detection settings on automations

When setting an automation, should it take account of the motion detection settings on the trigger camera?

For example, my 2C is set up with motion zones and set to human only. I then have an automation that if it detects motion, to trigger my other camera on the front of the house. Most of the time, this works perfectly… the first camera detects a human and then triggers the other camera. I see a “video clip” for the first camera and then a “linked event video clip’ for the second.

However, today I have a series of clips where the second camera is recording and saving “linked event video clips” but there is nothing recorded by the trigger camera.

I’m wondering if the trigger camera is seeing motion, identifying it as not human and so not recording, but is still triggering the other camera. I would have expected it to only do this based on its own motion settings. I.e. if it saw a human.

Thank you for reaching out!

Please noted that the automation feature can only be detected by choosed device. For example, the first camera you have setup for detection.

For the first camera setting, please check the sensistyty level. Please feel free to reach out support@eufylife.com so we can have the engineering team to look into this case for you.

Remember your satisfaction is our top priority and we will be sure to resolve the issue for you.

I am having a similar problem. Both cameras are set to human detection. But the linked camera comes on for every movement. So I end up with 10 or 20 linke camera events with no original camera event… no person. It appears that the originating camera is signaling the other camera even though it knows not to record.

I have the exact same issue. I want to be able to tell the automation to only cause linked devices to record if and only if the triggering camera is also recording a clip.

This morning I woke up to 3 motion events on my front door, which were expected because people were leaving for work, but there were 93 linked events recorded by my other cameras because the wind was blowing.

It looks like the motion triggers for automation don’t take the “human only” setting into account, even if that is how the triggering camera is configured.

I think this is related to my issue with original cameras. Apparently for V2 cameras a new setting under Motion Detection exists to record all events not just Human Only.

My cameras don’t have this option and since the last firmware update a week ago - my cameras are locked into only recording and saving videos when a human is detected. I have the same automation rules in place and am increasingly seeing icons indicating hundreds of videos have been discarded due to the ever helpful Human AI detection. Of course the other camera will happily store the linked version but the trigger camera doesn’t save it’s captured clip.

It’s quite frankly annoying that support haven’t released a way to roll back or turn this stupid feature off. I’m now missing events at night and now have no useful security watching over our vehicles parked in the street.

@AnkerSupport Is there any news on this please?