Eufy Cam 2 Skin – Product Review

During the 2020 Eufy Christmas Raffle I managed to win a few new products to add to my Security set up… This was one of them.

The Eufy Cam 2 Skin is a funny product to sell, but when I sat and thought about the product its self, it all made sense. When buying cameras it’s probably not a great idea to tell the criminals what you are using as they can research this and find flaws in the system. By covering up the outside body of the camera you make it much harder to distinguish the brand. This is similar to what DSLR owners do to protect their cameras from thieves also.

Now the case its self is made from silicone and just slides straight over the camera from the back fixing to the front lens. This does mean that you need to take down the cameras to install this but it’s always worth giving them a clean anyway. There is no real protection here as the silicone is soft and no lens protection. It doesn’t even add extra protection for the charging port which I assumed is due to the introduction of the solar panel. There is also still a logo on the side of the case, although this is just a mould impression and can’t be seen until very close up.

Honestly, I wouldn’t have ever thought about buying these and I originally saw them as a waste of money. Now I have them on the other hand, I see the benefits and can’t recommend them enough. I’ve attached photos below of before and after installation and their great.

Side view:

Front view:

Back and bottom view:

Photo taken from 5 metres away:

Photo taken 5 metres away + 8 x Zoom

Photo taken 5 metres away + 8 x Zoom

I will be posting this on both the Eufy and Anker Forum + More reviews to come.

2 Likes

If the purpose is to hide the cam. If can do it with a can of Plastic Dip.

What’s plastic dip?

@Samthompsonreviews

Probably would be cheaper if it’s less than £15 although these skins do have a nice finish. Never heard of that.

https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/

They comes in spray can too. It is easy to apply and removable if you don’t like it.

Is there a version for the Eufycam 2c?
I had to buy skins for my previous (Arlo) cam system as the sun was destroying the plastic.

Im not sure if there is any official Eufy brand ones but I found these funny things which look brilliant. Id rather have these!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOLACA-Compatible-Waterproof-Protective-Lightweight/dp/B08FZYLR7V/ref=asc_df_B08FZYLR7V/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=463216849420&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15468006682948818156&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046353&hvtargid=pla-950074552440&psc=1

I picked up the little birdhouse looking things for my 2c cams for camouflage. Work great and happy surprise the little lip off the front actually helps with rain. A touch of wind and that is not the case but “improved” is the word. After that purchase I decided against the cases reviewed here. Put a sunshade/rain visor on it I would pick a few up ASAP.

These little droplets that sit there are not even on the lens but at night the IR lights are way at the top and turn those little things into a camera blinding mess. I’m still looking for an answer for this. ( it rains here a lot!)