Eufy cam siren on motion

Hi,

I am trying to figure out and get some confirmation on the ‘siren’ feature of the Euphy Cam + Homebase

There are so many versions out there, and trying to confirm this feature before buying one.

I want to confirm if - the siren sound can be triggered on motion detection and not anti-theft mode.

1. will/can the siren sound continously till it’s been manually turned off?
  2. will/can the siren on all the cams and homebase be triggered if any 1 cam gets a motion detection?
  3. door entry sensor, can this trigger a siren on the Hombase and all Cams?

All help appreciated.

Cheers!
AJ

2 Likes

Hey there,

I cannot answer all your questions, but will try to do my best for the ones I can answer.
So when setting your security modes, you can select what to do when a camera detects motion. One of these is to sound the camera and /or homebase alarm. With automation, you can set up a trigger to sound the alarm on all cameras if one detects movement.

I have no doorsensors and I have not tested whether the alarm continues until manually turned off.
Hope this helps a bit! :slight_smile:

EDIT:
I checked the website and it seems that the motion sensor is able to connect to other security devices through the homebase (triggers) so I would assume the door sensor does the same.

1 Like

No - The alarms go off a few seconds after the alarms are activated- Note alarms do not work in darkness (night time)

1. will/can the siren on all the cams and homebase be triggered if any 1 cam gets a motion detection?

No - Only on the camera that has been activated by motion.

1. door entry sensor, can this trigger a siren on the Hombase and all Cams?

I don’t have any door entry sensor so can not comment on this question.

The siren does continuous sound until it’s manually turned off, there is an option to turn it off automatically.

1. will/can the siren on all the cams and homebase be triggered if any 1 cam gets a motion detection?

Using the automation you can trigger another cameras alarm to sound.

1. door entry sensor, can this trigger a siren on the Hombase and all Cams?

Again using the automation setting you can.

What I do is set the Homebase to sound on motion on any of my cameras or sensors and then in the automation trigger the other cameras to sound.

*Note only can be done with devices connected to the same Homebase

You seem to contradict each other about the first question.
What really happens with the alarm, does it stay on or not? And only during the day or also during nighttime?

I agree with @John0 - the information is contradicting here and elsewhere too.

I have purchased this model now - I’ll know once i get it installed. I am really hoping it does the siren alarming in the expected modes, or else it’s going to be disappointing.

I have ordered a door sensor for the heck of it, will check today what can be triggered when it arrives :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT:
So I just got it and here’s what you can do:

• You get a notification as the object is opened and closed (no tuning in there, both opening and closing trigger a notification).
  • You can set a sound to play (like a notification sound on your phone) at the homebase when the sensor is triggered.
  • In the security tab of the app, you can set it to send notifications to the phone and/or trigger a homebase alarm.
  • in the automation tab of the app, you can create a trigger for when the object opens and/or closes (you can differentiate here) and what actions to take. As I have only cameras set up, I can set it to sound an alarm and/or record footage.

This should give you all the answers for your door sensor question! (I like it a lot :smile:)

As shown here, you have the option to automatically turn off the alarm, otherwise it will continue to sound until turned of manually!

1 Like

That is strange. I only have the first two options.
I have a homebase 2, running android app.

1 Like

I bought a 2K Inddor Cam Pan&Tilt and would like the siren automatically triggered on motion or a pet recognition at night. Possible? Actually I can’t set this up in security —> automation. I can’t even find “alarm settings” (like above)…

I think you mean this option:
Go to Security, select Homebase, click on the gear wheel of the selected modi. here you can set triggers what your camera needs to do after motion. You can set each individual camera.

For Alarm settings go to your devices (left down corner) click on the gear wheel of the Homebase and there should be Alarm Settings somewhere in the middle.

Like a couple of others I don’t have options that others seem to have. Everything seems so unfinished and buggy.

Make sure that the Audio settings for the device in setup have Microphone and Speaker turned on as well as Motion Detection or the Alarm options won’t show in the Security setup.

The security settings have requirements that must be turned on before you can select them. If the Speaker isn’t on, the alarm setting can’t work, so you can’t see a setting for it. Same with Motion detection. If it isn’t enabled then you don’t have settings to control what happens when motion is detected.

I don’t think the Eufy app is unfinished, it’s just that you need to understand how the devices interact with the app. There are settings that are specific to each device and there are some that are meant to be used to control multiple devices. If the device settings aren’t correct, you won’t see the options to control them in Modes.

If I were writing the code, I would at least show the all the options and make the unavailable ones grey-ed out. That’s better than hiding them completely and confusing the users. Having said that, it’s easy to critique someone else’s work without knowing all the design details and constraints they have to operate under. I do know that their app is getting very close to the upper size limit for an Android app and that may determine why they set things up the way they have.

I have motion detection on and microphone and speaker all enabled on each of my three eufy cams and yet I don’t get the Alarm settings option in the device settings menu.

I do not find the security mode setting to play sound on Homebase2 when camera detects motion.

Correct, you can only sound the alarm based on motion, not a ‘notification’ sound like with the entry sensor.

My alarm goes off from an entry sensor even if a camera doesn’t detect motion

I have the original homebase with battery backup & it doesn’t have those 2 options, also only has a reset button not an alarm off button

Same here, only the first two options are on my settings.

You need a keypad to unlock those options :slight_smile:

Can you not see these options without the keypad? I have the 2c cameras and motion detectors?