Eufy Homebase 2 - doesn't connect to WiFi SSIDs containing certain non-alphanumeric characters

For anyone struggling for hours with this I found that Eufy Homebase 2 does not work over Wifi if your SSID contains an underscore (_). It probably also doesn’t work with SSIDs containing other non-alphanumeric characters either. I tested this by setting up 2 identically configured SSIDs on my network:

1. One with an underscore
  2. One without an underscore

After entering the password for each network, and then disconnecting the ethernet cable, the Homebase speaker says “Switching from ethernet to wifi” and then claims “Wifi network successfully connected”. However this is what actually happens:
Case 1) Homebase does not actually successfully connect and the LED become solid red (not solid blue). You can’t then view any video from the Eufy doorbell
Case 2) Homebase does successfully connect to the Wifi network and LED becomes solid blue. Doorbell video streams without issues.

Anker/Eufy really should fix this, or at the very minimum avoid wasting hours of everyone’s time by printing a obvious warning in the App so like: “Sorry, but at this time Eufy cannot connect to SSIDs containing non-alphanumeric characters. The list of available SSIDs has been filtered to exclude any that Eufy is unable to connected to”.