EUFY Security App v4.0.1_1206(EU) "Problems"

Just grabbed V3.50 from Apkmirror.com. I am hoping this will remedy it for now. I tried 3.51, but it would not install.

Odd, I updated this yesterday, and yet the comment here did not change…

So, I used V3.5_0 and it worked as expected, once I made sure of all the required permissions. Sadly, I inadvertently add google play preferences set to auto update at any time and it sure enough updated to the crappy latest version. I posted a comment about the version on Google Play, and actually received a response from Anker asking me to update to the latest version. Well, since it already did update, I checked the permissions, etc. Sure enough, it DID NOT work. Same as before, it did not send the notifications, UNTIL I actively had the app open. This morning, I again uninstalled V4 whatever and resinstalled V3.5_0. Sadly, this time, it is acting just V4. It will not give notifications unless I actively have the app open, and then, IT WILL NOT play the video when I select the notification. It will only take me to the event listing. I will then have to select the event to play it.

Not sure if these are related, but I am having issues with two other apps as well. Allstate Drivewise is not recording trips and Android Auto drops the microphone / voice feature after a couple of minutes.

So, an update at least on Allstate. The tech told me yesterday that you have be logged in for the app to work. Makes sense. The app developer said that you have to have the app open and logged in to work. It will not run in the background. They disabled the app feature to keep you logged in. What BS is that? Makes wonder if this becoming a trend with other apps.