Eufy security iOS app does not work over ATT cellular - iPhone X

What do you mean by dual line? Do you mean dual sim (2 phone numbers)? I wonder how that may affect the app’s ability to connect with the cameras unless it.

I will need to try out the Eufy Security beta to see if that resolves my issue… hopefully it will. Been having this issue since I got them about half a year ago.

I had the same problem I cannot view cameras from outside my wifi, I asked support but they didn’t help me.
They say to open much port on router, but I cannot open port on router on much more than one cameras, so it’s very frustrating

My 2 cents, hoping it helps for those with a similar setup as mine:

I have an iPhone 12 and run a dual sim (1 e-sim, 1 sim card). I could only open Eufy’s video stream via the mobile data of the sim card and not via the mobile data of the e-sim.

Tried a lot of different settings and nothing helped.
TIL that turning off the sim card line enables me to connect to the video stream using mobile data from my e-sim.

Not really a fix, but hope it helps.

I do think this is an issue caused (and therefore fixable) by Eufy, since I have 0 connectivity issues via mobile data from my e-sim and I use a lot of domotica solutions that I call/use via mobile data.
Also, Eufy throws an error stating that I’m not connected to the internet, which is false since I have an active internet connection in those cases.

not really motivated to push a ticket at Eufy reading above how they (not) (re)act on former tickets of this nature. However, if we don’t keep reporting, nothing will happen for sure, so I’ll report it soon.
If they react with new/useful info for this topic, I’ll post it here.

Again, hope it helps some users :wink:

Homebase 2 + eufycam 2 pro

I am having issues connecting to the homebase via ios app. I get the error unable to connect to homebase (-2) . Cameras are at my home in another country, fully updated , full battery and also connected to eufy solar panels. I am receiving notifications that someone has been spotted but when i open the eufy ios app to see recordings or to live view i get the error mentioned above. I had tried to restart the homebase several times, uninstall and install the ios app but the same problem.

Sometimes it works to connect via mobile data but not on my home wifi.

I had also tried to disable the firewall both at the home network were homebase is connected via ethernet cable, and also disabled the firewall on the network i am now and wish to connect.

When i use eufy website to see the cameras over there it works, but not on the mobile phone. I had also tried on diffeRent phones, still not working.

Please help !!!

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max which has an EE e-sim and Vodafone physical sim. I can connect to my eufy system via the app when on any wifi network but I can’t connect to the cameras when not on wifi (e.g. 3G/4G). I have some eufycam 2 pro’s on my system and up until recently I didn’t have this issue and it worked completely normally.

I have worked out that if I go to settings - mobile data -
select the Vodafone data plan (the one on the physical sim) and select the “turn on this line” to off. I can then access my cameras on the eufy app when not on wifi so it all works.

If I turn off the EE e-sim line instead, this does not solve the issue!!

This must be related to a software issue with the eufy app/system as it all worked before.

What can I do for a permanent fix??

1 Like

I noticed that if I fully turn off one of the dual sim lines (e-sim or physical sim) Eufy connects without issues to the video streams. When both lines are on I have similar issues as described. Hopefully this helps for some of you. Ofcourse not really a solution. Waiting for Eufy to come with a fix for this.

Hello

Ive just discovered this issue. IPhone 12 with dual SIM. The physical Sim works, the e sim doesnt!

For me it doesn’t matter which sim is activated. If only eSim is activated the app works. If only the physical sim is activated, the app works. If both sims are activated, the app doesn’t work - No connection possible.

Issue in short:

1. On my local Wi-Fi : Eufy security app works fine.
  2. On someone else Wi-Fi : Eufy security app works fine.
  3. My cellular connection with ONE sim active (not connected to Wifi): Eufy security app works fine.
  4. My cellular connection with both sim active (not connected to Wifi): Eufy security app does not work - No connection available.

I’ve had contact with Eufy about this issue. Below their reply… I’m not sure if they really do understand the issue …or take the issue seriously :frowning:

Dear,

Thanks for your reply and for your cooperation in trying the troubleshooting methods.

Please know that once we receive the feedback from our customers, we have tested it right away, the streaming works fine.

Our devices run only via the internet, but not related to the operation of the sim card since streaming is fine when one line is active and via wifi.

Maybe there is a factor with the sim card that affected the streaming performance. Although I do hope I can help you resolve the issue, I’m so sorry that there is no perfect solution now.

Sorry and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you so much for your support. Please let us know if you have any further requests!

Kind regards,

Hello !

Same issue there :

• if i use only esim or physical sim its ok
  • if i use both but i check default for esim its ok (without disable physical sim)
  • if i use both and physical sim default, no connection live by the app

It’s an issue for me because my physical SIM has more data (80go) than my esim (5go)

Since last month, did you resolve or have a feedback from support ?

Thanks

I’m ready to return these cameras , I go away for the New Years weekend and now they are saying offline . ?
This is ridiculous what’s the point of a security system that dosnt work while your away !

Hello, just reporting back here after half a year since I opened this thread. So something interesting is when I migrated to the new iPhone, the app did not work on there. I tested the app on a family member’s phone who was also on ATT and it worked there so now I figured it must be something configured incorrectly in the app. So I did a complete uninstall of that app on the phone and reinstalled and now it is magically working. Hopefully everyone’s issue reported here also gets resolved soon enough.

1 Like

This looks like an issue with Eufy

Here are more threads and people reporting the same issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/eufy_security/comments/osm1ax/dual_sim_bug_eufy_security_ios_phone_not/

So it seems the issue stems from using either dual sim (e sim and normal sim) with the same carrier (Orange or Vodafone UK as others reported) or VoLTE (although this doesn’t work for newer devices such as iPhone 12 and beyond.

Good morning.

I have the same problem.
Iphone 12 pro with dual sim in the Orange network.

EufySecurity connection via:
local WiFi - approx
external WiFi - approx
One SIM card - approx
Second SIM card (eSIM) - approx
Both SIM cards (dual SIM) - does not work.

In my opinion, the problem concerns the inability to use data packets in the EufySecurity program.
Eufy get to work!

Have just purchased a doorbell battery and home plus unit and can only access when connected on wifi - iPhone 13 pro and both physical and e-sim

Tried full uninstall and set back up and no luck this 100% needs to be fixed otherwise is pointless and will return for a ring camera as at least that is reliable.

Finally found a solution! Ok, so I thought no I have a possible workaround for this frustrating issue. I have downloaded Spedify which is a VPN app which allows you to use both WiFi and mobile data simultaneously, I’m not sure why this works, but I think it tricks the app into thinking that it’s using WiFi. I’ve tried running the app even without connecting to a WiFi networks and it finally works! Just to note, this is a work around and Eufy REALLY need to resolve this issue and hope this highlights and proves that their app developers need to sort this out! This issue mainly affect dual SIM devices, so let me know if this has worked for you guys.

Thank you so very much! This has solved my problem. It worked! Maybe the app needed to be updated so by deleting and reinstalling it fixed it.