Eufy Security mobile app not working on mobile network

I’ve recently purchase a new mobile device, Oppo Find X5 and now having problem getting the app to work while using mobile network. The streams/recordings either take a long time to load which then play with extreme lag or doesn’t play at all, every time I connect to a Wifi network, it seems to work fine and from what I’ve been reading, this seems to be quite a common issue with devices with dual sims, I am currently only using 1 sim with the second sim slot empty and having the same issues.

I have already contacted customer support, which they have responded very quickly, however the issue has not been resolved.

Things that I have tried:

• Port forwarding TCP/UDP 0-65535 (which customer support has asked me to do 3 times already)

• Disabling firewall

• Tried other wifi connections which works fine

• Used sim in other devices and this work fine, also tried every other combinations and issue only appears in my Oppo Find X5

• Tried other sim on other networks in the Oppo Find X5 and get the same issue and not working

• Tried changing the AP settings on the device to ipv4, the network won’t work anyway and will only work using ipv4/ipv6

• Can’t disable VoLTE as the device doesn’t allow this.

• Tried changing all the power/background data settings

• Tried changing all the settings within the Eufy Security app and changing settings for all Eufy devices e.g. streaming quality etc

• Checked all router settings the the Eufy devices are connected to

Hopefully I’ve tried every possible combination, but from what I can gather, the problem is narrowed down to the Eufy Security app not playing well with dual sim devices so the app needs to be fixed. Customer support keep assuming that it is my router settings and I have repeatedly responded to them with screenshots explaining that this is not the issue.

So far the only way I can view recordings on my device is either when I am at home (which kind of defeats the whole point of the security cameras) or I would have to try and find a wifi connection. I can view the cameras via the web portal on my Oppo without problems but unfortunately can’t view recorded clips saved on Homebase/Cam pro 2. The only option is to either buy a new (single sim) mobile device, or change the entire security system to another brand, until the app developers solve this issue to work with dual sim devices, it’s currently rendered useless to me.

Possible SOLUTION! Ok, so I thought no I have a possible workaround for this frustrating issue. I have downloaded Spedify which is a VPN app which allows you to use both WiFi and mobile data simultaneously, I’m not sure why this works, but I think it tricks the app into thinking that it’s using WiFi. I’ve tried running the app even without connecting to a WiFi networks and it finally works! Just to note, this is a work around and Eufy REALLY need to resolve this issue and hope this highlights and proves that their app developers need to sort this out! This issue mainly affect dual SIM devices, so let me know if this has worked for you guys.

2 Likes

I am so glad I found this thread. I also have a Find X5 which fails to connect using mobile data, but has no issues on WiFi. I’ve submitted a query to eufy who have yet to respond with a solution. I even contacted my network provider (EE) who tried to help with no resolution. I downloaded the Spedify app and the issue is fixed, temporarily. Hopefully eufy pick this up and find a permanent fix.

Dude, you rock ! Same for me and it work with your solution. Oppo find X3 pro for me

Omg thank you so much, your solution worked for me and my Oppo x3pro, I’d go as far as saying it’s an Oppo issue, as my wife’s Samsung S21 ultra dual SIM has no problems connecting to and accessing live feed and that’s dual sim. She could open the app and tap the camera and be connected in seconds, I’d be waiting ages for a connection if it connected at all. With Specify running mine opens everything just as quick as hers does now.

Edit… as soon as the free trial of Specify finished, it stopped working and went back to how it was. This must be an Oppo problem.

Contacted Oppo today and got the following response…

Thank you for contacting OPPO!

We understand that you are having compatibility problems between OPPO and eufy and we are very sorry for this unfortunate situation. Rest assured as we will do our best to help you in this situation

Unfortunately, there may be some compatibility problems between OPPO phones and the new version of the eufy app. We recommend you contact eufy and ask them to provide a downgraded version of the app as this might solve the issue.

We hope the above information will be of help!

I’ll update if I get any further reply.