Eufy wireless doorbell battery life

So I pulled the trigger bought myself a new doorbell.

But I was amazed how much % was used after just one day. I had a 100% charge and it’s day 3 now and down to 61%. This is not acceptable the doorbell should last 180 days… I know this will be less but actually draining more than 18% a day is not good.

Is my unit faulty or am I doing something wrong I got all the standard settings. Didn’t change anything else except the motion area.

2 Likes

How many events do you have a day, how much do you look at live view, and how much do you talk through your doorbell? These all affect battery life dramatically, and could be why you have this issue.

2 Likes

In total of 4 days I had 18 which included me hanging up the doorbell and doing a few tests. Live view I used 8 times. Never talked through the bell yet.

1 Like

What are your power manager settings like? Is it on Optimal Battery Life selection? Anything other than that will have continuous PIR turned on I suspect and by drain it faster. I have the same model, but mine I had it hard wired to the existing doorbell thus its trickled charged with the 22VAC from the mechanical doorbell.
You can save yourself some hassle and have it powered with a cheap $14 24VAC adapter, just my 2cents https://ebay.us/G8ODDE

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out. @vaniersel

Yes, please check the power manager detail first and also the recording setting to see if the camera has been recording for long hours.

Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us support@eufylife.com.

Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day.

1 Like

contact customer service, it be faulty device. Mine is doing strong on battery. I’ve had it for almost 2 moths now and I’m still of 76%. Definitely check with customer service. They’re awesome and pretty quick to respond. Good luck.

2 Likes

Is the 180 days base on the optimal battery selection?

1 Like

Thanks for your information.

We are really sorry to hear about this issue. Please note that battery life varies, depending on the number of times motion is detected, recording time duration, and environmental temperatures. In most common scenarios, a fully charged doorbell can last for 180-day. eufy battery doorbell test was done in the following conditions:

• Temperature: 68°F (20°C)
  • 10 motion detections per day
  • Recorded for 30 seconds each time motion was detected
  • Standby power consumption was included during usage time

In this case, please reach out support@eufylife.com so we can have the engineering team to look into this case for you.

Remember your satisfaction is our top priority and we will be sure to resolve the issue for you.

2 Likes

Just another user experience feedback ’
I installed mine at beginning of February (no original doorbell wiring, so completely battery only( and just recharged yesterday for first time when it was 22%
It records AT LEAST 12 events per day - it is set to all motions, sensitivity 4 Streaming Quality HIGH, Video Encoding LOW
I couldn’t be more delighted with that performance, I expect if I had just let it go, it would have made the 6 months lifetime with heavy usage. But it is so simple to unclip and plug in to recharge, figured just top it up to max.
Incidentally Kudo to Eufy on the improvements in the Power Management features in the App - this was one of my early criticisms, that it didn’t even show %, just a very small icon of a green (or not) battery

1 Like

Good for those getting few months out of the doorbells but I find that there just to many bugs.

Got two doorbells and on one that goes down to 4 bars when it hits 69% and the other goes down to 4 bars when it hits 79%. How can this be for the same devices. Don’t seem accurate.

Really hope they come out with software update.

1 Like

May i ask how many events getting filtered out each day? I’m also getting 8-15 events recorded each day but close to a hundred events that gets filtered out. I’m having same battery drain issues as the original poster.

1 Like

Yes get a lot a lot detection filtered out. At least over hundred. Got no plants or tree or grass. The detection zone don’t work well. Eufy replied back with that it can be course by wind that’s blow from objects that emit heat and also heat by bugs aswell :man_shrugging:

Said they will try optimism this in future updates.

1 Like

And what sort of battery life are you getting?

1 Like

The first time was on full sensitivity 5 which got full recording of person coming into activity zone to door but charge it from 20% after 22 days.

Turned it down to sensitivity 4 then 3 but most time only starts recording just before the door but battery is at 61% after 16 days :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Poor battery life. Mine is even worse. I’ve turned it down to 3 and I’m down to 46% after 12 days. And the fact that we can’t hot swap the battery makes it even more inconvenient.

1 Like

What’s your activity zone look like?

Turn off LED but LED some how works Still when pressed.
Try video encoding format to Low.

Or could connect to a transformer.

1 Like