Family device sharing invitation won't come on app

Anyone else have this problem?

1 Like

Me also, I received the email notification for invitation of share device but not available to installed app to approve or accept it.
Please help about this issue
Thank you

Eufy uses the email address from the invitation as an account link. You must use that same email address as the username of your Eufy account. If you donā€™t set the account up that way, Eufy doesnā€™t know what account to link to the master account that created the invitation.

Once you have the account set up under the invitation email address, you should get a popup in the app confirming that you have been asked to share devices with the master account. You must confirm that popup in order to link the account. Now, log out of the new account and then back in. Once you log in after getting the confirmation popup, you should see the devices that are being shared from the master account.

Note: You should also get a verification code at the email address where you received the invitation. If you donā€™t get the verification code, look in your spam folder. You need to click on a link in the email and enter the code on the website. This is the final step in setting up a linked account.

The Master account should be able to go to Family and Guests and see a list of all the linked accounts. Once the invitation email has been sent, the status of the new linked account will show ā€¦Waiting until the setup and confirmaton is complete.

It doesnā€™t work. My wife revived the email for the device link coming from my account and only ask to click in apple/google link to open the app (there is no verification code in spam or other folder). After launch the app doesnā€™t appear related to shared devices
Of course we have double check usernames/emails linked/etc
Please we need help this one was main reason to bought your devices

If you didnā€™t get the verification code, then the process didnā€™t complete.

When you first logged into the app, did you get the confirmation popup?

Looking at Family & Guests from the master account do you see a ā€¦Waiting status for the account you are trying to set up?

At this point, I would contact support and see if they can look at their backend and tell why the process didnā€™t suceed.

In the last 2 months I have created 4 new accounts without any issues. I even deleted one and re-created it with different privileges. There have been a few people report issues on this board, but there doesnā€™t seem to be any one issue that prevents the account creation.

We didnā€™t have the confirmation popup. In the master account YES I can see the account waiting to accept.

I wonder if it has to do with some kind of character issue with your email address. Are there any numbers or special characters in the address you used for the new account? If your invitation email got through, then it has to be something with the process generating the confirmation popup. Maybe thereā€™s a field somewhere that has a restrictive definition or a validation thatā€™s preventing the confirmation popup from being generated.

I think an email to support giving them the information you used would be the best way to get this fixed. I have had much better response to technical issues when I have sent a detailed email to the support group. They can then take that information and look at the backend and hopefully see whatā€™s causing the issue.

Thanks @pysailr but nopeā€¦ there is no special characters, just letters before @xxxxxxx.com. I wonder also its something related to provisioning process or generating linked account process. When u talk about tech support I guess it means to send and email to: support@eufylife.com

Thanks!

Hello, I wonder if your problem has been resolved? I have just created a ticket with support myself, but was wondering if you have been provided with a solution or not.

Thanks

FIXED!

After to send an email to support team: providing of the details regarding master account, shared account and describing the problem, they asked me to logout for the shared account and login again after 12h (starting to count with the logout).
Passed 12h we login again and a pop up appears in the app asking to accept the invitation from the master account to accept the devices shared.

This only means for me there was/is an issue on the provisioning account system, and they had to linked both account manually or restarting some process. What I mean, itā€™sā€¦ to all of you that have this problem please contact directly to eufylife support team support@eufylife.com explaining the issue and providing details of master account and any other shared account.

Hope this helps to all
Cheers

See above

Thanks!

Iā€™ve sent them an email. Letā€™s hope that it goes as smoothly.

1 Like

I comfirm itā€™s the problem of location EU or US. Eufy customer service is so unhelpful that I have to search for the correction solution. Refer this for the real reason:
Hello isabel11
I has issue trying to invite my relatives as admin too. The reason is the account that they are created is not in the same region as your acc. Try to login with your relatives acc and click on the About option u will see the location of their acc either US or EU. Always make sure your acc and the person you want access to your cams have the same location.

I fix this issues by emailing the tech team at support@eufylife.com. I gave the tech support serial of one of my cam and tell him to set location of all of my relatives ā€œapp loginsā€ (include gmails and hotmails acc) to US (or the location same as your acc).

1 Like

Hi, I have a solution that might work for you.
I also had same issue, region was setup ok and both devices were running the same version of software. My wife would receive the email but the popup on here device would not come up to accept.
On my phone I would complete the Invite request, I was using the auto fill on my phone to enter her email address, unknown to me there was a space at the end of the .com part. This would send the email ok but would not allow the popup to appear.
I have tested it again using both methods to confirm it is actually the problem.

Hope this helps some people.
Kev.