Garage door opener interference

I recently installed a EUFY security floodlight over the garage doors. Has anyone ever heard of them interfering with garage door opener remote signals. Both garage doors now work intermittently from the remotes although they all work from the wall controls. Just trying to find out what the issues are with the remotes. They all have new batteries and I even tried reprogramming both garage door openers. Thanks

Should be easy to verify if the floodlight is the issue. Just remove AC power to the floodlight and test to see if your garage door still has the issue. Most garage door openers are in the 300 - 400 MHZ range. The floodlight is communicating in the 2.4 GHZ range, so unless it is generating some unwanted harmonics, it shouldn’t effect your garage door opener.

2 Likes

Ever get this solved? I just installed the Eufy Video Doorbell 2K Pro and immediately began experiencing garage door opener remote failures. (All remotes fail.) Unplugged the doorbell and the garage door remotes work perfectly again. Eufy doorbell is disconnected now. May need to return it unless there is a simple solution. :frowning: