Geofencing not working

Hi everyone,

I’ve got troubles too with this geofencing on 2 iphones. In fact, I’m waiting for iOS 14 to use homekit with activity zone and geofencing which is correctly working …

1 Like

This is ridiculous. How can you market such a critical feature on a product knowing that it does not work?

Geofencing does not work at all for me.

2 Likes

Absolutely! This and 2FA is a major must for a so called security system. Noticed the ‘Beta’ has been removed, but still not fixed!

3 Likes

i have 3 Iphones in operation, geofencing is not working
only my masteriphone is working all others where “waiting”

1 Like

Same here! Using 2 iOS devices. Eufy please fix!

1 Like

would also love for the geofencing to work properly

1 Like

It was predicted that issue with 2 IOS devises will disappear with new iOS 14. Now is the iOS released and the problem still existing. Your not able to find a solution since the beta closing. The geofencing is one of the important function for the most users. All competitors are able to provide this function. Why is this so problem for you? I change to Eufy due to the value of money but I’m just on it to change my mind.I’m very unhappy about this.

1 Like

Here’s what I’ve noticed.

• Previous version of app didn’t show Beta badge over Geofencing setting
  • App updated and now it shows the Beta badge again
  • Two Android Pixel 4 XL phones, fully updated.
  • Battery optimization disabled for Eufy App
  • Location enabled all the time for app
  • Wifi and GPS enabled
  • If one of the phones leaves the area, Geofencing typically will switch to away mode even though the second phone still shows in the zone
  • When the phone returns home, it’s status will still show away. It never fixes itself.
  • Opening the app doesn’t cause it to update
  • Only changing modes off of Geofencing and then back seems to resolve it

Something interesting is that Geofencing on my Homebase 2 w/ 2C cams seems to work fine, but my indoor cams are terrible.

Also agree that Geofencing needs to allow scheduling also. I want my indoor cams to not record during the day when I’m home. But at night, while I’m home, I want them recording.

1 Like

Bei mir funktioniert es auch nicht

1 Like

Same problem here. Happy to report we’re almost through Q3 so fix should be here real soon now :wink:

1 Like

Geofencing not working here, my galaxy note 8 stays in away mode when I am at home.

1 Like

Geofencing is stil in poor beta. Even when opening the app and updating location manually it won’t switch. Somethimes it switches autmatically after 2 hours. …

1 Like

I have two iPhones on IOS 14 with location permissions both set to always and geofencing never works properly. Please fix Eufy! Huge waste of money otherwise

2 Likes

Geofencing is not working for me either, worked great the first time on my phone (Android) and my fiance’s phone (Android) and has never worked correctly again. This issue needs sorting as we never remember to change modes so it’s always set to home or disabled so you lose the security. Geofencing was a big reason I bought the cameras.

3 Likes

It doesn’t work, I’ve been complaining for over two years, all you get from them is an email telling you that they are aware, and their experts are working on it! For over two years? Without results? Frankly I’d sack their experts and find a grownup who knows what they are doing!
Seriously, it’s an insult the way customers are treated, the system as a whole is pretty good, and should be for the price. However, if you sell a security system with features like geofencing advertised as part of the system, it should work!

4 Likes

Still not working here on ios14, background refresh on, but app just does not stay working when not in foreground

2 Likes

We purchased a number of Eufy devices a week ago and have since noticed that geofencing is completely unreliable when using 2 iPhones (an iPhone 11 and 13). Everything is set up correctly however the alarm keeps going off whenever just one of the phones leave the house. This morning the alarm went off when we got out of bed. As a result we have had to disable the alarm.

This is completely pointless and the lack of a reliable geofencing makes Eufy devices a waste of money. I wish I had known this when I was standing in the store contemplating brands. It’s particularly disappointing to see that this is a long running issue with no apparent resolution in site, just false promises.

I won’t be recommending Eufy to anyone.

3 Likes

Fwiw, it’s also completely unreliable with just 1 phone.

2 Likes

I’ve been having the same problems everyone else is mentioning, on an iPhone. I tried the new App Privacy Report feature that Apple introduced in iOS 15 and it appears the Eufy security app hasn’t tried to access my location for 22 hours! I have several other apps that rely on location in the background and they all request location much, much more often.

2 Likes

I know Eufy doesn’t care but I’m going to kick my own topic up anyway. This still doesn’t work. Having to take phone out of pocket, pull up eufy app to disarm, then wait for it to actually be disarmed is a serious pain in the ass.

Your geolocation still sucks.

Tado gets it right every time, so please stop blaming my phone.

3 Likes