Geofencing + Scheduling/recording at night while home

Can you please add the option to use geofencing and additional motion/recording scheduling. E.g. I want to start recording while I’m at home at a specific time (e.g. night time).

163 Likes

3 makes a party??

Multiple Threads of the same topic but nothing happens… Go Eufy, Go!

23 Likes

Yes please I would really like this too.

13 Likes

Does anyone know if this could maybe be set via HomeKit Secure Video?

5 Likes

Thank you for your good suggestion. Since the combination of Geofencing and Schedule will affect the basic recording logic of the camera, we are still finetuning this function, which is expected to be supported before Q4 2020.
If there is new progress, we will post an announcement in this forum, so stay tuned.

20 Likes

Great news! Thank you!

4 Likes

Is there any update on the geofencing plus scheduling feature upgrade?

4 Likes

Any news about this feature?

4 Likes

Is there any update on this new feature?

4 Likes

Any updates yet? This was my exact question, I want the system off when I’m home but want It to turn on at night while I’m sleeping.

8 Likes

Kind of sounds like you guys are over complicating what we are asking for with this option.

From 6am to 10pm we want it in geofencing mode from 10pm till 6am we want it armed, no need for geofencing during the armed time because it doesn’t matter if I’m home or not.

So why can’t you just make the schedule actually change what mode the system is in? During X “geofencing on” during Y “armed on, geofencing off”

13 Likes

Geofencing should still be fixed with multiple IOS devices. Now all devices are always “in the zone”…

4 Likes

@Mengdi will Eufy support geofence with schedule?

3 Likes

When will this finally be added?! It’s crazy to think that programming this simple feature could be this complicated. Thinking about it, this would be the #1 thing the company could do to improve the battery life of our devices - a huge concern obviously! I am forced to have mine in AWAY mode all the time to avoid missing events while away/night, which means multiple recordings that are completely unnecessary. It’s crazy and frustrating at this point.

We’re well into Q4…@Mengdi

5 Likes

Some info about development would be nice. Are you still working on improvements, what features we can expect, and when? Currently, we don’t have any info about that, which probably holds back many from investing more into Eufy. @Mengdi

3 Likes

Please update your App to the latest version and you will find the geofencing function already launched.

4 Likes

Is it working now?

4 Likes

This isn’t true? Did you even read the post?!

4 Likes

The problem is that it is still not working with multiple IOS devices. Always “in the zone” even after changing privacy setting, reinstalling apps etc. Aside from this very happy with your products.

5 Likes

Yikes. Geofencing works fine on android, but we just need the ability to enable cameras in the middle of night while home. This is a product breaking omission for battery devices.

6 Likes