HomeKit Secure Video support rolls out for eufyCam 2/2C

Hi eufy fans,

Hope you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe!

As promised, highly anticipated support for HomeKit Secure Video is arriving to eufycam 2/2C.

Starting today until March 31st, HomeKit Secure Video beta firmware will be available for download. Users interested in the beta trial can contact the eufy support team at support@eufylife.com for early access.

From April 1st to the 11th, we will start rolling out of firmware updates that bring HomeKit Secure Video support to all eufyCam 2/2C security systems. The update will be installed automatically when the HomeBase is idle.

With HomeKit Secure Video, all human, animal, and vehicle detection is performed locally, on the user’s own iPad, HomePod or Apple TV, and only encrypted video is sent to Apple’s cloud servers. HomeKit Secure Video support makes the eufy security system even more secure.

Please let us know if you’re interested in the beta trial. We will need to know your HomeBase serial number to grant early access to you. Also feel free to reach out with any questions.

Best,

eufy Security Team

10 Likes

GREAT !!!.. Can’t wait !

Excellent news! Puts Eufy products another step ahead of the competition.

@Mengdi I sent an email to support and they state:

If everything goes well, we will start rolling out of firmware updates that bring HomeKit Secure Video support to all eufyCam 2/2C security systems by the end of April 11th and our engineers are testing the home kit secure video feature now. The update will be installed automatically when the HomeBase is idle in the future.

So Im confused about your statement:

Starting today until March 31st, HomeKit Secure Video beta firmware will be available for download. Users interested in the beta trial can contact the eufy support team at support@eufylife.com for early access.

I have been beta testing for many months so why this is a problem now is beyond me thanks though for sharing…

not understand your request, do you want to be rolled in the beta test this time as well?

@Mengdi yes and I’m all good now support figured it out the agent wasn’t aware of me being able to beta test :pray:t2:

Few questions:

Does enabling HSV change anything aside from where the video is ultimately stored? In other words, does everything else work the same as far as controls from the app?

Also, will the HomeBase 2 also retain copies of videos or do they 100% go to HSV, and what happens to video if the internet is down?

I know recently Logitech cameras started to support HSV and if you applied it, it disabled their own solution. Will this allow for moving the video back to local storage if needed?

1 Like

Great news, well done eufy team :clap:

@JoeyY Yes it disables eufys settings in the app! I found out today while gone it will not notify you of any motion or at night on the cam 2c the light doesn’t work it just uses the inferred for viewing. But I must say I prefer the HomeKit integration over eufys because right off the batt HomeKit new when the last person left with 0 issues.The videos only go to HSV unfortunately There are a few glitches but will get worked out. :v:t3: be safe

1 Like

Hello, received an update of Eufy Security app from the iTunes App Store.
When will the HSV firmware update for the Basestation 2 be available in Italy?
Thanks

Hello Eufy. Any chance that your eufycam 1E will get HomeKit Security as well? Please…