HomeKit Secure Video

I’ve been waiting forever for someone to offer full HomeKit/HomeKit Secure Video support. Just placed my order at Best Buy today for a eufyCam 2 system and will be receiving them next week. Hope your end-of-April for full Homekit Secure Video promise holds true!

Any update on the timeline for the GA release of HSV?

1 Like

They promised at the end of april…Now May 2th
When then ?

You do know there’s a global pandemic happening as we speak??

1 Like

???
I know…

1 Like

Good day Im apart of the beta of HomeKit and HKSV and things are getting ironed out as fast as they can. There is a lot that goes into making this happen for our cameras. Once it is released you will not be disappointed. Better to have all kinks worked out than a half baked product.

3 Likes

:clock1::clock2::clock3::clock4::clock5::clock6::clock7::clock8:

1 Like

eufy Security app updated on May 6, 2020 (1.7.3 on iOS) mentions:

eufy Cam 2C/2 supports the option of no stream and record locally when HKSV is enabled. (Requires latest firmware.)

HKSV firmware is missing in action but I guess it’s any day now?

I think so, too!

Greetings from Germany

1 Like

This went live days ago via an update on the app. So we now have HomeKit secure video. Problem is it doesn’t seem to work. All settings are correct in the Apple home app, all cameras set to record and stream, I’m paying them £6.99 a month for iCloud use… but for the last 4 days not one camera has captured anything went set to… even when I jump up and down underneath them. The eufy app does still continue to capture and perform as usual… I think what we need is a detailed manual of the settings we should use on the eufy app to make sure HSV will also work correctly

The toggles for hksv options became available in the app but I don’t think they have pushed out the official firmware update yet.

2 Likes

Will the Doorbell (hardwired) get HomeKit?
yes or no? not asking when…
or will we need to wait for Eufy to release a Doorbell 2?

1 Like

The current version unlikely to get HomeKit update, see my response to your comment in another post below.
https://communitysecurity.eufylife.com/t/without-homekit-is-the-eufy-doorbell-still-the-best-doorbell-9to5mac/111262/3?u=ice4

Hi,

I’ve tge eufy 2c, with updated firmware ver. 1.5.6 and did not have the homekit secure video enabled yet.

Any support please.

It’s May 18th. Where is the firmware update??? :confused:

1 Like

Any news on public HKSV Firmware 2.0.9.8h?
Have you guys checked today May, 23rd and get the public firmware with HKSV now?

2 Likes

Seen this on Reddit this morning, looks like the firmware is rolling out. I’m in the U.K. and not showing for me but hopefully not too long.

What’s really irritating about this is that I bought the cameras in the basis they were advertised as having HKSV and yet they don’t, at the same time as the app help file telling me how to set it up with non-existent settings :roll_eyes:

We are still waiting for Apple’s final confirmation, it will be released very soon.

1 Like

It’s arrived in the UK, albeit incorrectly named.

1 Like