How to connect Eufy Video doorbell to Deta doorbell

Hello everyone,

I have purchased a 2K battery powered video doorbell and I want to replace it with the existing doorbell. My property has come with a DETA doorbell and the cabling looks like CAT5.

. Brown and brown-white cable is in one terminal, blue and blue-white in the other. This is what it look on the chime inside the house

Now, I mimicked the same wiring onto the Eufy doorbell

. However, the internal existing chime does not work properly nor does the Eufy doorbell get’s the power and continues running on battery mode. When I press the push button on eufy device, I get one “ding” from the chime and that’s it. The “dong” sound to complete the first “ding” never rings and no matter how many times you press the push button after the first press, the internal chime never rings.

My ideal use-case is as follows:

1. Use the existing wiring to hard-wire the eufy doorbell
  2. Be able to use the existing chime. I want to turn off homebase chime and use existing chime

Please let me know if this is possible and what do I need to do. I understand use-case 2 might not be feasible, in that case please suggest an alternate solution.

Thanks in advance!

Shiv

Hi Shiv, did you ever fix this issue, I have the exact same doorbell and chime and am experiencing the same issues as you, would love to know if/how you fixed it.

Thanks,
Charlie

Hey Charlie- Did you also get to solve this issue?

That’s a mechanical chime correct? So one ding only. I’m going to say that the transformer output is not strong enough to complete the dong sound, and possibly not enough voltage to even charge the doorbell.
If you have a voltmeter put the two probes on each end of of the bare wires that connect to the doorbell to see what voltage you have there. Have meter set to alternating current AC.
Try a Google search on the doorbell name. There are a few YouTube videos on folks trying to make it work for a ring doorbell that may help you out some?

Hi did anyone solve this I’m having the same issue?

Did you make any progress with this. I have the exact same issue

DETA is not compatible with smart doorbells apparently. I had a ring before this and was advised that DETA isn’t compatible with any.

Deta doorbells only produce 6v so will not work with eufy Amazon sell a byron doorbell with transformer that produce 8v for about £15 and that should solve the problem