How to factory reset original homebase

It is not clear how to reset homebase. My cams began last week to notify me with my cats movements although I have human detection…I have no problem with them for months and eufy was always working properly…but now I received notif. with every little cat movement…20-30 each night. I did not change anything. Try face detection but no changes…

There is a small pin hole on the back (near the bottom) to reset the Homebase

1 Like

Hey @Julio8!

Just like @Oggyboy mentioned, you can poke the small pinhole on the back (near the bottom) to reset the Homebase.

Any other concerns we can address in the future, please feel free to contact us.

​Thank you for your support. Have a lovely day.

Hi! I also got the same problem. It allways gives push notifications even outside the activityzones and does not filter cars, animals and other movements. I cannot find the reset button for a factory reset/hard reset. See picture. Can anyone help?!

What happens if you hit that 1st refresh button?

It just turn off the homebase

Hey there, I am having the same issue and cant find the sync hole to reset the homebase could someone please help?

Hello, I am also having the same issue. Unable to reset Home Base E - it’s blinking red all the time and showing „updating“ in the App for days

I can’t find any info how to reset it…
A few things I would try though is to… -
–With ethernet cable removed–

Unplug the AC power and let the internal battery back up drain out then plug the AC power back in.

Unplug the AC power then hold down the circular arrow button on the rear while plugging it back in then release it.

While powered on press & hold the sync button for 10 seconds, then rapidly tap it 15 times.

Thanks, I tried both, no success unfortunately. The last step now leaves the sync button in the top in constant red… any other hint?

:thinking: Unplug the Ethernet and Power cables from your HomeBase.

Press and hold the “Sync” button on your Homebase for about 15-17 seconds to drain the residual charge.

After 30 minutes, plug the ethernet cable first and then the power cable and turn it On.

Good luck