How to improve your EUFY HOMEBASE wifi signal. (Don't make during the warranty period)

Morning everybody.

After 3 month thinking about how to improve the hidden wifi generated by my homebase, I found a solution! Is Eufy extender just a dream? Do you have the warranty period expired?
Ok let’s go haed…

Needed equipment:
3x wifi antenna 2.4GHz
3x RP-SMA to UFL/IPX connectors
1x human with manual skill

Link amazon of mine

Dismount the home base.
Dismount the thermal radiator.
Dismount the tree antennas.

Practice 3 holes on the home base case, one on each side where the legacy antennas are, those will be the holes where the RP-SMA connectors will be fixed.

Connect the tree UFL/IPX connectors instead the legacy antennas were and fixing the opposite side of the new connector (RP-SMA) on the hole done on the case.

Mount the thermal radiator and close the homebase.

Clamping well the RP-SMA connectors and connect the tree new antennas (10 dBi gain).

I hope that this guide can helping someone.

I do not know why I’m not able to upload the photos done to my home base, after charged this topic I try to modify it from my pc.
Let me just 2 hours.

Regards!

5 Likes

clearly, 1 antenna missing in front of the base that I’ve installed after made photos.

regards

3 Likes

Great tip alessio_988, and thank you for the pictures!

I see the base of the cover has to be basically pried off. Got through that.

Now that I have the unit open, I can see the “thermal radiator” you refer to in the post is the heatsink. It appears to have four screws in it, but mine is still sticking and not coming loose - I am afraid to pry it too much, I wonder if the foam thermal heatsink material is causing it to stick… did you have trouble getting it off?

Thanks again!

Yes, the heatsink… sorry.

Removing the 4 screws on it the heatsink is still sticking.

Don’t be afraid…

start moving it up and down until moving it with more force upwards it detaches and you are left with the paste stuck underneath the heatsink, so at the end you will have the metal cover of the processor clean.

:call_me_hand: 1 week and the homebase modded works perfectly!!

1 Like

You mustn’t use the screwdriver like a lever!

Why drill 3 holes per side?

I’ve tried before an other failed way :pensive:
New antennas cover the old hole :partying_face:

Does your mod help increase the range to sensors? I have 2 sensors on my shed and needed to put them on a separate homebase because of range issues. I’d really like to move them to my primary homebase.

The sensors and keypad operate on 915 Mhz frequency so would need shorter antennas than you have for 2.4 Ghz. Is there anything that looks like a separate 915 Mhz antenna inside? I have a 5 cm long stubby antenna that I tried on a sensor to see if that would help with range.

Hi, after 2 months from the MOD now my two cams works fine (better then before), sometimes 1 cam gone offline but in 2 hours it gone up without doing any human action. Inside there are 3 antennas in total, 1 is different from the others. I tried to find them datasheets but they are custom antennas so I’ve not found anything. I supposed 2.4ghz because the eufy’s manual speaks about “wi-fi” so I suppose to substitute the internal antenna with new boosted antennas for wifi 2.4

Very good idea!

1 Like

I did it for the original homebase

Out of curiosity why 3 antennas?

Also I highly doubt you have 10dbi antennas & they would be way to directional for this application

No wouldn’t help with the sensors, also it’d be a bigger antenna for a lower frequency

Also can’t use any old antenna for any frequency, they have to be tuned, use one tuned to a different frequency & it’ll make the signal worse & has the possibility of damaging what it connected to from the reflected power

1 Like

Hey,

i just stumbled over the homebase 2 user manual and you’r Topic. You mounted three 2,4 GHz Antennas but i think the third antenna with the following print “AT&C T8010 Sub 1G-V1” is a RF antenna.

The Instruction says:
“Wi-Fi Operating Frequency Range:2412~2472MHz for EU, AU;
2412~2462MHz for US/CA;
SUB-1G Operating Frequency Range: 868MHz for EU; 915MHz for US,AU”

So i’d recommend switching the third antenna from a 2,4G to a 915/868MHz.
Maybe you didn’t connect a sensor so it wasn’t noticed.
Otherwise correct me if i’m wrong.

Greetings!

1 Like

Hi, your help is very appreciated! I will try to substitute the antenna surely, probably next week :smile:
Let me find a valid RF antenna on Amazon.

1 Like

i also modded my homebase, but i think i have to tear down my 2c camera to also add an external antenna… :smiley: Any experience with adding a antenna to the 2c?

For soemone without the skills or tools to do this but with location options wouldn’t it be simpler to relocate the router closer to the doorbell, or for a router with several antennas run a long antenna wire closer and attach an antenna to the end, or run a long ethernet cable to a homebase relocated nearer the doorbell, or get a range extender/mesh and connect the home base to the extender?