How to install eufy security app on amazon fire

How can I install and run the eufy security app on an amazon fire?

1 Like

It isn’t in the Amazon store for some reason, but if you sideload the Google play store you can install it from there. Works fine on my fire tablet that way.

1 Like

Thank you for helping but what do you mean by side load…can you put the Google Play app on the tablet? Or is there another app that has it? You would think the Eufy company would supply that info!

You can also get the latest Eufy app at Apkmirror.com I have been using that site for several years without any issues. I like that they also keep older versions of the app available for quite a while so you can roll back the app version if there is an issue I want to test.

Thank you so much but it would not recognize my Fire tablet when I tried to download the Apk app.

I don’t have a Fire tablet, but it sounds like you might have a permissions issue. Android has a setting that has to be changed to allow non-Google apps to be loaded. You might look around in the Fire and see if there is a similar setting.

If you are still keen to install your own APKs (apps from unknown sources), try this:

• go to Settings … About
  • tap repeatedly on ‘Build Number’ until it notified you that’Developer options are enabled’
  • go to Settings … Developer Options
  • enabled ‘unknown apps’

Your mileage may vary, but this works with FireTV sticks, and is a staple of most Android-based systems.

Now you may install any APK of your choice, though some apps can be fussy about the device upon which you are installing them.

Many apps will also fail due to missing libraries, drivers, or services on some devices.

Also, I believe that Google app supporting services are blocked on Amazon devices nowadays, so directly installing APKs is the way to go.

I am using Fire tablet hd8

To install Eufy app.

You need Google Play Store installed.

Goto XDA forum and find Fire Tool Box. It will help you to configure Fire tablet

Any FireOS prior 7.22 is easier. Newer fireOS is more troublesome.

Once Google Play Store and service installed, your Fire tablet is similar to vanilla.

Except you do not get notifications.