How to Make your NAS Available on Indoor Cam? | Security Made Simple

By enabling RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) on specific Indoor Cam, the system will save all its recorded videos to your compatible NAS (Network-attached Storage). :open_file_folder:

Essential Notes:

The Basics:

• The RTSP function on Indoor Cam only works with NAS that supports the RTSP protocol. In this FAQ, we will be using Synology NAS as an example.
  • This function is now available on the Android App and iOS App V1.7.5 or later.

Video Storage & Playback :selfie:

• When the user is watching live or the camera detects the event and starts recording, the video will stream and save to the NAS.
  • When the camera is in standby status, no video streams to the NAS.
  • When you store your videos to NAS, the videos must be played back via the NAS application. eufy does not have permission to access to your data on NAS

Adding a camera to NAS :camera:

• Up to two cameras can be added to your NAS for free. If you wish to add additional cameras you must pay the fee set by your NAS supplier.

Notifications :warning:

• If you choose for your camera to record “events” only, you may receive frequent notifications saying “Connection lost” or “Connection recovered” from NAS. This is because when an event occurs, Indoor Cam will initiate streaming via NAS. This is needed to connect to NAS.

How to make your NAS available on Indoor Cam?

Step 1: Install Surveillance Station on the NAS

• On your NAS, log into the NAS management page.

• Go to Package Center, search “surveillance station” and install.

• Once installed, the Surveillance Station can be found in the Main Menu.

Note: the software and package in different NAS may vary.

Step 2: Enable RTSP on Indoor Cam

• Go to eufy Security App - a specific camera that you want to stream to - Camera Settings - Storage - NAS(RTSP Stream).

• Enable NAS RTSP Stream.

• Write down the RTSP stream link for later use.

Step 3: Add Indoor Cam to the NAS

• Open the Surveillance Station.

• Find and click IP Camera on the left side.

• On the new window, go to Add → Add Camera.

• Select Quick Setup.

Name: give a name to this camera
Brand: choose User Define
Type: keep Streaming - RTSP
Path: input RTSP link indicated on the App.

• Trigger the camera (you may walk or wave a hand in front of the camera), so that it wakes up and pushes the stream to NAS.

• Then it will pass the Test Connection. If it fails, please trigger the camera again and retry.

• The captured videos can be found in Surveillance Station - Recording.

You are now ready to use NAS! :laughing:

Where you can find us

If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:

1)eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.

2)Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.

3)Send us an email: support@eufylife.com.

We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your support.

eufy Security Team

:face_with_monocle:For more official tutorials, please click here!

13 Likes

Thank you @Yanyee1 for a great article :+1:

3 Likes

Very nice and I had it up and running in a few minutes but what about when I activate Homekit? NAS becomes unavailable. Why is that?

What is wrong with saving videos to the NAS but also insert the camera to HomeKit?

4 Likes

Currently, homekit activation and camera added needs to be operated on the eufy security APP;
Regarding video streaming, since NAS and homekit require different formats, only one of the two is available for streaming at the same time.

2 Likes

This is great documentation! Any update from Eufy on when this will be available on the Doorbell?

8 Likes

Nice topic!! I will give it a try with my Pan&Tilt Cam :+1:

Doorbell is temporarily unable to use NAS. If there is the latest news, we will release it in time.
Thanks for the support~

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

How about the Smart Floodlight? I have a DS718+ Synology NAS here and this solution is not working for me. The eufy Security App does not have an option in the Camera Storage area to “Enable NAS RTSP.” Please advise because I like this camera and want to buy four more and stream the video to my local NAS. Also, does this solution work for the wired video doorbell? I bought one and that is my next install. Thanks in advance… Rob_

1 Like

I’ve recently bought indoor cam. It’s nice to hear Eufy to support NAS recording. But the main problem I’m encountering is that I owned a WD My Cloud Home NAS device and I found out that it Eufy NAS service is not supported. Also, no option available to manually search for Surveillance Station package from My Cloud Home portal.

3 Likes

Does your NAS support RTSP protocol? Only those that support this protocol can connect to eufy security storage.

Thank you for your suggestions, we will carefully evaluate and consider the interaction and positioning of this part.

Great but when do you add the doorbell to function as well?

3 Likes

Also agree, please continue work for RTSP on the wired doorbell!

1 Like

works excellent, would love to see tje option to use the nas and flashdisk simultaneously. That way it’s possible to review the flashdisk recordings since the nas recordings cant be reviewed via the app.

1 Like

That is alteady possible Just turn on continous recocording then you have Both rtsp and recordings tot sd

1 Like

Same issue here

Surveillance station is a product specific to synology nas devices. As states by some elese though as long as you have a metod to support RTSP you can take advantage of it. I peraonally use Motion eye on a raspberry pi or in my unraid server. Both have also qorked well. I created a thread how to get that setup as well.

1 Like

This example is for NAS from Synology. Surveilance Station is an application from Synology. It depends if your WD Cloud NAS supports RTSP protocol for your combination to work