By enabling RTSP (Real-Time Streaming Protocol) on specific Indoor Cam, the system will save all its recorded videos to your compatible NAS (Network-attached Storage).
- The RTSP function on Indoor Cam only works with NAS that supports the RTSP protocol. In this FAQ, we will be using Synology NAS as an example.
- This function is now available on the Android App and iOS App V1.7.5 or later.
Video Storage & Playback
- When the user is watching live or the camera detects the event and starts recording, the video will stream and save to the NAS.
- When the camera is in standby status, no video streams to the NAS.
- When you store your videos to NAS, the videos must be played back via the NAS application. eufy does not have permission to access to your data on NAS
Adding a camera to NAS
- Up to two cameras can be added to your NAS for free. If you wish to add additional cameras you must pay the fee set by your NAS supplier.
- If you choose for your camera to record “events” only, you may receive frequent notifications saying “Connection lost” or “Connection recovered” from NAS. This is because when an event occurs, Indoor Cam will initiate streaming via NAS. This is needed to connect to NAS.
How to make your NAS available on Indoor Cam？
Step 1: Install Surveillance Station on the NAS
On your NAS, log into the NAS management page.
Go to Package Center, search “surveillance station” and install.
Once installed, the Surveillance Station can be found in the Main Menu.
Note: the software and package in different NAS may vary.
Step 2: Enable RTSP on Indoor Cam
Go to eufy Security App - a specific camera that you want to stream to - Camera Settings - Storage - NAS(RTSP Stream).
Enable NAS RTSP Stream.
Write down the RTSP stream link for later use.
Step 3: Add Indoor Cam to the NAS
Open the Surveillance Station.
Find and click IP Camera on the left side.
On the new window, go to Add -> Add Camera.
- Select Quick Setup.
Name: give a name to this camera
Brand: choose User Define
Type: keep Streaming - RTSP
Path: input RTSP link indicated on the App.
Trigger the camera (you may walk or wave a hand in front of the camera), so that it wakes up and pushes the stream to NAS.
Then it will pass the Test Connection. If it fails, please trigger the camera again and retry.
- The captured videos can be found in Surveillance Station - Recording.
You are now ready to use NAS!
Where you can find us
If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:
1）eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.
2）Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.
3）Send us an email: email@example.com.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support.
eufy Security Team
For more official tutorials, please click here!