How to Use Alexa Echo Devices as Your Doorbell Chime?

Do you want to have extra doorbell chimes in your den, bedroom or kitchen, so that you won’t miss a delivery when you work from home?
The eufy Wired and battery video doorbells are compatible with Alexa Echo devices and they can use them as additional doorbell chimes.

To get started, please follow below steps:

1. Setup the wired or battery video doorbell and make sure they’re working fine on the eufy Security App.
  2. Open the Alexa app, search for “Eufy Security” Skill. Enable the skill to link your Eufy Security account with your Alexa account.
  3. Discover your devices.
  4. Go to Devices tab - your Doorbell.
  5. Go to Announcement Devices and select the target Echo devices that you want to make it as a doorbell chime.
  6. Enable Doorbell Press Announcements.
  7. Select your Doorbell Sound from Standard and Seasonal sound effects.

You’re all set!

Now, press the doorbell and your Echo devices will play a sound effect.

2 Likes

I bought mine a week ago, it shipped with the latest firmware 2.0.7.8h a the HB2 and 2.2.1.3 at the BattDB. Linked Alexa and not even once I have been able to use the “show me the doorbell” function. Also noticed there is no Alexa announcement for either human or movement detection but for when someone pushes the ringbell button??? I have my mechanical bell and the base to alert me. We need announcement for human or movement detection as well. EUFY, please fix this.

1 Like

On the subject of Alexa and notifications. Sonos devices are “Alexa Enabled” however you don’t seem to be able to enable them to notify you when the doorbell has been push. Is this something you are able to look into or a limitation imposed by Sonos or Alexa?

3 Likes

Hi Manuel,
The doorbell doesn’t support announcement for human/movement detection on Alexa. It does support announcement for doorbell push.

1 Like

Hi,
The announcement feature is supported by Alexa App. It’s not a feature supported by SONOS App.

1 Like

It could if it you were code it do so on the AlexaSkill, so technology is not the roadblock.

1 Like

How can I use the Google home to play a sound effect with the eufy doorbell?

Does the eufy genie work as a chime?

I linked the eufy and the Alexa app, installed the eufy skills.Alexa recognized my 2k doorbell, cams and homebase, but when I go to the doorbell setting I’m not seeing the option to set announcements? I have the echo dot 4 and want to use it as an extra chime.

this no longer works
any ideas on how to fix it??

Mine is working again since yesterday. But as usual the integration is Bullsh…
sometimes Cams or doorbells can’t show live view on echo show devices.
My 2K doorbell won’t work but my 1080 doorbell is working. Eufy sks when it comes to software.

I have an echo dot 1st gen and a Sonos roam, both are set up in the Eufy security alexa skill to notify when the doorbell is pushed. However neither the dot or Roam actually work with notifications from Eufy doorbell. The instructions listed do not work. I have disabled and re-enabled the skill yet still no luck. Despite being advertised to work with these devices, clearly there are issues.

This coupled with the fact that the Eufy Chime constantly disconnects from the wifi (yet none of my other devices do this, nor did my previous Ring doorbell chimes) is making me think I’ve wasted my money on this doorbell. I have wasted hours troubleshooting the wifi connection, checking router settings, adding port forwarding etc and now hours trying to get it to work with existing alexa devices. It smacks of false advertising stating features that don’t work and trying to get people to become IT experts just to get the doorbell to communicate to another device. I have lots of other connected devices through alexa etc and they work seamlessly so I suspect the issue is Eufy are using bad code and sub standard components. Every review of the Eufy skill on Alexa is a poor review stating it doesn’t work. High time Eufy took these on board and fixed the issue.

This worked fine… until the doorbell broke. Eufy sent me a new bell - excellent service - but I don’t seem to be able to get Alexa to forget the old bell and start over. It just shows “a” bell, which is “unresponsive”. I tried deleeting and re-adding the EufySecurity skill but no change.

Hi, have you tried this?

Alexa

1. Open Amazon Alexa App and click ‘Your Skills’.

2. Select ‘eufySecurity Skill’.

3. Enter into the ‘eufySecurity Skill’ settings.

4. Select ‘MANAGE SMART HOME DEVICES’.

5. Select the linked devices, such as eufy Doorbell.

6. Click the ‘Trash Bin’ icon to delete the devices.

7. Go back to the device list and then add the Doorbell.

Good luck