Indoor 2K Camera is off .. BUT IT'S NOT!

On the indoor 2k cameras, If I turn off the camera via the app (camera remains plugged in) the stream is not accessible in the app and says 'Indoor Cam was turned off" which makes sense.

BUT if I login to https://mysecurity.eufylife.com , I can still hear and view the stream from a camera that is turned ‘OFF’!!! WE NEED AN EXPLANATION EUFY!!

8 Likes

Find this to be the same on my end thanks for bringing this to my attention my fix at this time will be to install HomeKit power adapters on each camera. Not that I want the camera off but why is this possible audio and video still coming through however in the app it says camera off

support@eufylife.com I would contact the support than to wait for the community to respond to this. The community admin staff may be around but that does not mean that they are on here all the time.

@Mengdi

That is why I added one of the admin. You can always send a private message. Plus you can provide that info to the admin here but it would be harder for them to be the middle man between you and Eufy support.

So if there would be a bigger issue and other things are needed, you would probably still need to be in contact with support to resolve your problem sooner than later.

This discovery has lead me to returning all my Eufy products… 4 indoor cameras, 1 Eufy 2 Pro, and the 5 piece Alarm system. I’m not supporting a company with such shady practices… whether they are intentional or not.

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

I am not the support engineer but I can help contact the support team. In order for higher efficiency if you have urgent request or inquiries please contact the support team directly.

I checked with support team as for this inquiry and they said engineers are reviewing this problem.

1 Like

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Dear power user,
We are so sorry to reply you so later.
Once we received your feedback, we tried to recurrence the issue and found out the root reason that caused this issue.
By now, we have found the solution, and the new version firmware to solve this bug is under testing. We will release it to you as soon as the testing accomplishes.
eufy Security Team

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 9 days.

What app are you using?

Well thats interesting indeed. Eufy???

1 Like

So please clarify for me… based on the Screen Shot, what’s showing me that a Eufy cam is hitting the Steam, Facetime, Minecraft IP addresses?

1 Like

Wow this is a huge issue Eufy. What do you have to say about this? I wonder if their other cameras are doing something similar?

1 Like

So this is what I see off a Homebase and a Doorbell - https://imgur.com/a/cb6iY5O nothing there scary. I have an Indoor Cam coming this week, so will check that once it arrives. I’d love an explanation of what you are seeing.

1 Like