Indoor 2k camera with homebase 2

You are right, this was not claimed as described by you.

However, as much as many other buyers, I was naive enough to assume that the integration of the indoor camera had made more sense, especially since the same software is used to manage the cam.

Actually I don’t think that it is required here that the cam must absolutely be supported by HomeBase 2 - basically it is sufficient to ensure that you do not have to change the mode separately for several devices in the app. I think it is logical and completely understandable that the buyer should at least assume that the developer had taken something so mundane into account when developing additional cameras.

In the case at hand, nobody would assume that those cameras would have to be switched to a different mode independently of the system, for example when leaving the house or when coming home. Instead the app should give you the option to switch between modes for multiple devices, such as Base2 and other cams like the indoor cam. That should make sense to everyone and that’s what I had on mind when buying this crap.
As it currently seems, Eufy has no interest in giving customers the opportunity to supplement systems such as Cam2 or Cam2C with much cheaper indoor cameras, or they are simply fully incapable in engineering … the whole case stinks to heaven.

But all of this is made much worse when Eufy keeps making empty promises and obviously putting off their customers with untruths. On June 16, 2020, Mengdi loudly announced that the compatibility would soon be created. Since then we have only been put off and ignored.

2 Likes

My concern is around the contradictory statements I get from different Eufy reps. Here is the exact email I got on 10/10/20 from Eufy customer support:

Thank you for contacting Eufy customer support. Please be assured we always stand behind our products and want to make this right for you.

We really appreciate your support in our brand and we are so glad to hear you are interested in our Eufy security series.

To address your concern, the IndoorCam supports connected to the Router directly for recording.

The good news is the Homebase connection will be support in the future(Approximately within 3-4 months).

Hope this information helps. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us at any time.

Thanks again for your support! Have a nice day!

Warm Regards,
Reference Ticket#60047812 if contacting a CSR

Cherry

Eufy Customer Support Engineer

So the possible explanations for this discrepancy:

1/ Cherry was lying to me
2/ Something changed in the last nine days (in which case, don’t make promises that a feature is coming in the next 3-4 months)
3/ The teams at Eufy are not communicating with each other

4/ All 3 explanations

One thing is for sure: Eufy is a very strange company. As of Cherry, I highly doubt, Cherry is even existing. Here in Germany, responding support agents are named super typical German, such as “Saskia Meyer”, “Lukas Freitag”, “Martina Fischer”, etc. but the orthography in their response mails are disastrous and very much looks like google translated from Chinese or so. All in all a huge pity, since their products seemed so promising. At the end, a products quality has to be measured also by a companie’s service and support skills - And by now. Eufy sucks.

1 Like

This is completely unacceptable … why are you treading your customers like this. Do you have no respect or understanding for your customers? That’s not how you treat the people who finance your junk.

1 Like

Damn right … that is unprecedented

Mengdi did not state it is never coming though. From what I know, it is being worked on, but proofs more difficult than expected. The real mistake here is that statements got out that the integration was well on its way.
As a software engineering person myself I’m painfully aware these integration issue occur. And yes, it is very stupid this happened. For now however, I think the only thing we as users can do is be patient and hope eufy learns from this. I really think there’s not much more one can do now… :confused:

You are certainly right, you have to give a developer the necessary time, because such processes can actually be complicated. Thanks for your comment.

Nevertheless, it remains to be criticized that Eufy does not express itself clearly enough to its customers, both here and via e-mail on request to the support. In addition, Mengdi has very clearly stated that the 2K camera will “soon” be compatible (see screenshot). Sure, we could argue about what “soon” means … but clarifying that would have been Eufy’s job.

Just received (about a week ago) 3 indoor pan/tilt cams, 2 indoor cams and a HomeBase 2 with a total of 3 eufycam 2’s… this is complete and utter NONSENSE that the indoor cams don’t work with the homebase 2… wanted to be notified by an ALARM if there was motion in my garage or workshop overnight… never assume anything, but definitely as others have said, it seems ridiculous that eufy would release these indoor cameras without the ability to add them into “the system” with sensible functionality. Unfortunately between this and how fast the batteries are draining on the two outdoor cameras that are facing more heavily trafficked areas, looks like I’ll be returning ALL OF IT!!!

1 Like

I thought the Homebase 2 supports up to 16 camera, so why will it add a lot of workload to it if I only use 1 doorbell and 2x 2k indoor cam? My current camera setup is old and I want to move to a new system. I will need at least 10 cams, 7 out doors and 3 indoor. If the homebase 2 is that weak, then I need to look elsewhere. I really don’t mind to have 2 homebase 2 to handle 10 cam as long as all the cam can store footage in the the homebase 2 without needing SD cards or cloud.

Today I have once more responded to the Eufy Support, with the following message:

"Hello Saskia Meyer,

This problem has existed for far too long and in the meantime there have been contradicting statements and rumors that the implementation of a solution to this problem is probably not possible.

As before, the problems described here disqualify the product as a useful addition and the existing problems are a slap in the face of your customers.

If the “2K Cam2” cannot run directly over the “HomeBase 2”, it should at least be ensured that the security mode of additional 2K cameras can be combined with the mode of other devices so that you do not have to change the mode separately for each device. … this should be technically feasible, right?"

More of all of you should also send direct requests to their support: support@eufylife.com

That response came back:

*"Guten Tag, *

vielen Dank für Ihre Rückemldung.

Es tut mir leid, dass Indoorcam diese Funktion derzeit nicht unterstützt. Wir werden hart daran arbeiten, unsere Produkte zu verbessern.

Ich freue mich auf Ihre Rückmeldung und wünsche Ihnen einen schönen Tag.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Cherry Jung"

English:
"Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that Indoorcam does not currently support this function. We will work hard to improve our products.

I look forward to your feedback and wish you a nice day.

Sincerely yours
Cherry Jung"

So, you can be sure, they are not doing anything and simply ignore us … Don’t buy Eufy products!

Its a shame that nothing happens on that topic. Its about your own internal hardware compatibility!!! :neutral_face:

1 Like

I want the indoor camera to connect with Homebase 2 too, without it, it loses alot of functionality. If i knew this before i wouldnt have bought this camera!

1 Like

I recommend to return the cam and request a refund … they are not going to change anything. Simple realize how disgustingly they refuse to give us a clear statement and ignore us. Just never buy Eufy/Anker products anymore

I have to admit, I also wrote to the support, as a German guy in english because I tought it’s only an English Service…

But a really nice guy wrote me back in German, that they understood “our” problem with such an incompatible setting of the almost same Devices. And he wrote me, that it’s absolutely in an “approving” state, the developers still are looking for a solution. I made clear, that they are about to “lose” quite much more potentially customers because my technical interested guests are nevertheless interested in the cams, but when they recognize the incompatiblity of the settings, they lose their view to this products.

Anyway, he also told that there are already many customers which claim this better interoperability.

So you can’t say they are not interested in feedback, we wrote some more Emails in which I declared some more detailed points, because he said it’s important for them to have this feedback.

Let’s hope the concern internally listen again to their employees which are in direct contact with the customers.

So to all, write some nice words, they will write back and answer you! In German we have a saying: “how it shouts in the woods, it will shout back to you” :slight_smile:

And there are no costs for an Email, just some minutes. And if they recognize it, we all will have the better system soon…

Hopefully!

Have a nice day you all
Marc

2 Likes

Oh. Well this is a bit rubbish. I expected a Eufy Security branded camera to work with my Eufy Security Homebase 2. The fact it doesn’t makes it completely useless to me. I only received it last night so I guess I’ll be setting up a return.

1 Like

The problem is that eufy is able to still sell truckloads of this camera even without this feature. Why waste resouces on this when engineers could be creating new products for new revenue.

There are very few on-device AI cameras atv this price point that simply work 95% of the time, untiln they see a drop in sales i doubt they would waste time

1 Like

Thank you, I had just bought 4 of these from Amazon Black Friday… good thing I can send them back as soon as they arrive :sweat_smile:. Should really consider an integrated system as I’ve just purchased the security kit, 5 extra door sensors the external 2C camera and the 4 indoors that I’ll be returning right away!

1 Like

Actually looking at how much I’ve spent I’m returning the entire order as there are no cable indoor cameras available for the homebase system… but why??? So sad, I was really looking forward to this :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:. My perfect setting isn’t perfect.
By the way the amazon description is a bit misleading, it says it doesn’t need homebase… but it should also clearly state it isn’t compatible to be fair to your consumers.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but where did you get the indication it supports the homebase?
Every item on the eufy website states so when requiring a homebase. On the German site it even states for both indoor cameras that it does NOT require a homebase.

I’m at a loss here, why do people keep buying the indoor camera and think it connects to the homebase when it clearly says it doesn’t…