Indoor cam Pan+tilt -> No reaction

Hi there, i have an Indoor Cam Pan+Tilt, which was working- even with homekit. After I removed it from homekit, some functions were still blocked by homekit, so I thought I completely reset and also remove from Eufy security app.
Now I have the problem, that the camera is not reaponding to the setup button. Powered, i can press the setup button as long as i want, no reaction. So standard reset does not work.
Is there another way to reset the camera to default settings?
If not I have to send back as defect.

U figure it out?

My pan & tilt wont power on

U figure it out?
My pan & tilt wont turn on

I have the same issue and I don’t understand why or how to fix the issue. I’ve contacted Eufy. Waiting for their response.

Did you ever figure this out? I have a brand new pant and tilt and the setup button won’t respond. It’s locked into initialization

same issue. stuck in initialization. anyone get any response from eufy?

after two emails from the anker support team, i am sending this back for a replacement. for some reason they continue to blame my wifi for the problem. even though the camera never gets to the point of connecting to wifi. IT IS STUCK IN INITIALIZATION. i sent them pictures and explained yet again, that i bought 2 of these, 1 set up fine, this one did not. so it cant be a problem with my wifi since it never gets to the point of connecting to wifi and i already set 1 up that works fine. anyway, 50% failure rate for these cameras so far. we’ll see how long it takes to get a replacement and if that 1 will work.

My pan & tilt camera has broken after 8 months(I think the gearbox failed it would only go one way). today Eufy sent me a replacement which looks like a second hand camera, the base was dirty and it was not properly packed in the box.
it is also stuck in initialization and wont respond to the setup button being pressed.
waiting to see what they do now…