iOS 14 HomeKit Upgrades

Just watching the Apple Event where they’ve just announced new HomeKit activity zones and rich notifications direct in the home app.

Be great if we can get more firmware updates out so more cameras can take advantage of these features when they come out.

4 Likes

I completely agree. If the Eufy Wireless Doorbell were to integrate with HomeKit, it would absolutely dominate the market. Excited (and hopeful) to see how Eufy will leverage iOS14 for powerful HomeKit integration. Don’t miss the opportunity here, Eufy!

The features are not dependent on the camera manufacture as long as the camera supports HSV. Those features are leveraged on your Homekit Hub. I missed this was in the Doorbell Sub, so yea Eufy get the doorbell working with HSV.

Another vote for the battery doorbell to be added to HomeKit here too. Eufy would dominate if they got this right. It’d also save them developing this buggy piece of crap app too, so quids in.

This isn’t on Apple, this is on Eufy to integrate the Wireless Doorbell into the HomeKit Ecosystem. Since they have other cameras that are capable, it’s a possibility, but hasn’t happened yet

1 Like

What ? This is totally on Eufy.

Again its with Eufy, I dont care what any customer support rep said. Eufy on here have said countless times here that it is planned t or that they will take it under advisement. Until a Eufy employee says yes we have applied to have the doorbell certified your just blowing smoke.

Ah here it is, its in the planning stages which is Eufys court : Announcement about Homekit - Indoor Cam

Ok sure…

As long as it works, I don’t give a sweet hoot who has to do what.

Thanks for the info mind, it shows that there are intentions to develop the integration of the systems.

2 Likes