Issue with deadbolt calibration

I recently purchased an Eufy smart lock with built-in wi-fi.
When trying to calibrate the deadbolt, it keeps giving a voice prompt that “the deadbolt is stuck. Return to assembly.” Or something to that effect. The device is properly installed. The deadbolt opens and closes manually very smoothly. The problem is that during automatic calibration the device is trying to turn left side but my door is a left-handed door so the only options are unlock (straight up) and lock in the right side (90 degrees to the right). Even when the device is assembled outside the door in my hand, the lock turns 180 to the left and then gives a prompt that the lock is jamed or stuck. How do I fix this?

1 Like

Same problem. Deadbolt seems to be turning fine. Did you ever figure this out?

1 Like

Any solution? I am having the exact same issue. Locks and unlocks smoothly.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Smartlock 3 in 1 with camera and doorbell. Calibration always fail saying deadbolt stuck but it was never stuck.
Deadbolt can only be opened 90degres horizontal to vertical. But seems like the smartlock is forcing the deadbolt to open 180 degrees. Horizontal to horizontal.

Can we have a fix for this issue already. Like have an option to set maximum degree to open the deadbolt to either 90 or 180 degrees.

I’m unable to use the lock as it won’t let me add fingerprint and code before calibration is finished.

1 Like

Having exact same issue trying to install my lock today - deadbolt only opens “half way”, and calibration failed message on the app.

How do we bypass the calibration and indicate the lock is “done opening” when it reaches the unlock state?

1 Like

Resolved my issue - the new deadbolt required the door to be mitered to accommodate the flange used to screw it in (recessing it into the door) (replacing the bolt that didn’t have this flange originally)

Also, this bolt is longer than the one it replaced, so the female hole the bolt went into when extended had to be made deeper so that it would extend the full length.

It is a misnomer to call this “calibration” when it requires full extension for locking. IT would be nice if the app actually “calibrated” how far the bolt could be extended to be considered locked.

The fix to this is to change the location which you chose for your door. If the lock is not calibrating on front door, use the back door setting instead when choosing door location. This allows the deadbolt to change the rotation so it can work for a left or right opening door!