Latest 2.1.1.5 Firmware destroys audio clarity making audio unusable

Audio Problems after 2.1.1.5 firmware update for all my cameras, Indoor Camera 2k, Pan & Tilt camera 2k.
All recently bought in the past 11 months.

Firmware 2.1.1.5 Updated on Friday April 22nd, 2022.

Updated Eufy Security App on latest OS for Apple iPad & iPhone.
Happens when connected via WIFI when at home, as well as on cellular when at work.
Happens when viewing on an iPad and iPhone with device volume on maximum.
All cameras have been reformated, restarted and resynced.

Firmware is the problem. Replacing the all the cameras only to have it updated to the 2.1.1.5 firmware would duplicate the problem.

If the firmware cannot be fixed, only solution would be to ditch the brand.

Audio volume is low when device volume is maxed.

A 10/10 Volume level sounds more like a 2/10 volume level. Even wearing headphones can barely hear any audio.

Audio playback during recorded clip and LIVE is unusable and can barely hear the volume with devices on maximum volume.

Had to load into an Audio Editing program to boost the volume.

5 Likes

Same problem here. I have 3 Indoor Camera 2k, Pan & Tilt, 2 of them had auto update to firmware 2.1.1.5 and ever since audio clarity is extremely bad (unusable), low frequencies are shelved off, audio details are inaudible. My 3rd camera (a backup that I kept in storage) which is still at firmware 2.1.0.7 dint have this problem, this proves that the audio issue is indeed caused by the firmware update.

2 Likes

Same here. Eufy wanted videos of the problem which i provided. I hope they push out a fix for this. Camera is unusable and £50 down the drain if they dont fix it!.

1 Like

Engineer from Eufy are going to look at this 2.1.1.5 buggy update and push out a new one hopefully very soon.

2 Likes

Hope they will do that soon the cameras are good but since that update the sound was poor

2 Likes

Hope so, i think it wasnt tested properly before it got pushed. Hopefully we should get a update next week at the latest or ill be returning mine. Unusable in current state.:tired_face:

1 Like

Same problem here. An absolute joke!

1 Like

Eufy said as soon as the engineer has finished and checked the update before it gets released they will let me know. My return window is next Thursday so if theres no update then i will return. Its barely usable in the current state😫

1 Like

This is silly, even when I have a backup camera (at firmware 2.1.0.7) which is still working, it is not going to be usable since it will auto update to 2.1.1.5. There should be an option to disable auto updates! I have bought a replacement camera since (not Eufy), as I really dont know how long this bug fix is going to take or will it be fixed in the first place.

1 Like

This new update needs pushed asap or Eufy will be given a bad name on the firmware side of their products if no update.

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

Had a email from Eufy, the engineers are trying their hardest to get a new update released. No timeframe.

1 Like

Came here looking for this info. Same issue… I trust that Eufy will fix this ASAP. I don’t want to change brands… but I will if this isn’t resolved. Is there any beta firmware program? Would happily test a fix.

1 Like

Did Eufy hire Wyze firmware team.

2 Likes

The update is a big downgrade, but absolutely no improvement. The sound quality has become miserable. Even on maximum level, hardly any sounds are recognized. But now even bushes in the garden are recognized as people. Are updates checked at eufy? Absolutely not! Why are updates forced on me? I would like to decide for myself in advance whether an update is relevant for me. I have lost my trust in the eufy brand and am very disappointed with the last update!

1 Like

Still waiting for a response from them re new update.

Got a replacement from them free of charge. They still dont know when a new update will be out. Old firmware on camera the sound is much better.

Got a replacement free from Eufy. It automatically updated to the buggy version. Really annoyed as i did not want to update yet. Back to square one!. :angry:

This is still not updated? Basically makes the camera useless.

Yep, still no firmware update as Eufy promised. Shocking. Stuck with a crap camera.