Latest app update for iOS not working

Ive the same issue. I just bought Eufy and set it up. Wont work when not on Wifi. Had a VIP camera system before that used P2P with no issues. Thinking maybe not the router. Lots of reddit users reporting the same issue since last update

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Sent a support request and haven’t received a response. Pretty useless if you can use the app only when on same wifi. Uninstalled everything, reinstalled, updated iPhone 12, app most current, firmware current, reset devices. Consistent issue. App crashes within 3 seconds as soon as I open it when on cellular data. Would be nice to receive a response to know this is being investigated as a priority.

2 Likes

It works from laptop browser even if not on the same wifi, however it is of no use since two way communication is not possible via laptop. Hope the problem gets fixed soon.

1 Like

I’m in Australia and have same problem right now. I did remove and install the app back but problem still there. Don’t know how to fix this. App on iphone 12 pro max still working but on iphone xs max crash all time now

1 Like

I’m from australia and having the same issue. Works in my wife’s iPhone 11 and my Samsung tablet but not my iPhone 11 Pro.
I wonder if this is grounds to return the product and get a refund??

1 Like

Yep same issue here. Wondering if it’s grounds for. Refund? Only has it 3 days

1 Like

I have a similar issue like this but for several months now. I am unable to access the cameras with my iOS app when connected via cellular but if connected thru WiFi (does not have to be the same WiFi network as the cameras), then it works fine. Not sure what is going on.

1 Like

Same. Also in aus. Zero support here. No response to email. The bot has no idea and is completely useless. No phone number for us to use in aus. They need to respond soon or I will also return mine. I’ve only had it 3 days too.

1 Like

Hi there, We’re in Australia operating on IOS. Same problem. Had the cameras 2 days but will return shortly if not sorted ASAP.

1 Like

I have the same issue also, crashes when connected via 3G/4G and works on wifi. I’m also from Australia. My wife’s phone is still on previous version and works fine. Definitely iOS app issue they did not do proper testing before release.

1 Like

Same issues, also based in Australia!

1 Like

I thought I was the only person having this same exact problem. I thought my data was being throttled by my cellular provider. Hopefully there is a fix in the works soon.

1 Like

Same problem, App keeps crashing after 3 sec

I live in Australia too

1 Like

Same problem while on mobile data only (wifi works fine), looks to be something todo with the P2P connection and a buffer overflow from the crash log BatteryCam 8-6-21, 2-35 pm.crash.

its a 1 star review in the appstore for me, maybe if it tanks enough they might actually fix the issue…

1 Like

Yes, sent an email, but still no response, 3 days ago

We have this problem too. We found closing all other open apps worked. This was after rebooting the phone and deleting the app and reinstalling the app.

New version out V.3.0.1 which should fix the issue. Check App store to see whether its available for you.

3 Likes

I have that app but the issue still persists for me. My issue might be slightly different since I had this issue for months compared to people having only had this issue for a few weeks.

That worked for me

Hi just bougth this to replace Ring, and everything was going so well until I found this issue… raised a case with support and they asked me to open almost all ports on the router :see_no_evil:. I escalated last Monday, was told to I would be contacted in 48 hours…. Nothing so far… this seems to be an issue with the app and with my dual line on my iPhone, as when I turn off one of the lines it seems to work. Due to the poor support considering returning the door bell.