Hi, eufy fans,
We missed you! Today, we’re back with another handy little trick that helps to make your life easier!
We’ve recently been experimenting with different ways to get even more battery life out of our Video Doorbell range. We’ve come across a cool solution that we just had to share with you!
We discovered that linking a MOTION SENSOR to your DOORBELL (model: T8210) can improve the overall battery performance by a considerable amount!
Let’s take a look at how this is done and why it could be useful to you!
Why link them together?
When paired correctly and set up in the right locations, the doorbell and motion sensor combo can be a match made in heaven! When linked together they can:
- More flexible when selecting installation position and greater detection angles.
- Improve the performance when detecting motion and will help to avoid false detections
- Notable optimization of the overall battery life
How do I link them?
1) Choose the optimal location to install the motion sensor
Place the sensor in an area that covers the main entrance path but does not face the street directly.
Use the provided bracket to install the sensor in a slightly downward facing angle. See the image below for reference.
Avoid facing the direction where people directly come from. A Sideways view is the most effective for detection.
Choose a sheltered location to avoid direct sunlight and rain. (Motion sensor is not waterproof )
Recommended installation placement and angle:
2) Sync the devices by creating an automation
Follow the automation guide video here for all you need to know: https://youtu.be/UxSWADlZCE4
3) Turn off the doorbell’s own motion detection function during the test.
4) Adjust the working mode of the battery and change it to a custom mode.
Doorbell setting → Power manager → Customize Recording → The recording time can be set to 30-60s → turn “End clip early if motion stops” off
5) Check the effect
When you have correctly set up the automation between the two devices, test to see if the doorbell is working correctly. To do this, trigger the motion sensor by walking directly through its detection area. If if it is working correctly:
- Instant Notification: You should receive a notification via the eufy Security app informing you that a relevant event has been detected.
Video recording: After approximately 60 seconds a video record titled “linked event” will be available to view in the event tab of the app.
Try it out and let us know what you think！
If you encounter any problems during use or have any other questions, please contact our customer service team through the following channels:
1）eufy Security app → Help → Call us/Feedback.
2）Ask your questions here at the bottom of this post.
3）Send us an email: email@example.com.
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for your support!