Motion detection stopped working after latest firmware update

Fyi all. Have been advised to update to 1.1.9.4 on my solocam. Initial test and the motion detection was back and recording. I only walked in front of the camera once but it looks positive so far. Anyone with issues try latest firmware update. Good luck.

new update came out yesterday. Cam is recording motions :slight_smile:

Mine only records up to a certain distance. Even tho camera can see further, it doesn’t record that far. As well there r vids that it says it’s recorded, I assume to homebase USB, which I can’t access & asked if anyone knew how on another thread

Seem to be having this happen again, this week.

I’m the opposite, now not seeing notifications, they are blank.

Yeah mines been stop working months ago so I got some other cameras, just plug this back up to see any updates and see does it still don’t work and I can see it’s still the same and the fact a lot of y’all suffering through the same thing smh

Weird they ain’t replied?

Spoke to Support in Australia today, they stated they are not aware of any issues, nobody has even called them except me.

Please if your in Australia do call them.

1 Like

Hey ,

same issue here…since latest update 11-10.

Finally i turned off motion detection at all my camera’s .
After in turned motion detection back on everything worked as before .

Hope this helps you .

Chers, will give it a try, so delete all motion settings and turn it off.

Same issue, cannot get capture or give notifications on Face detection. Any resolution?

Another user here with broken motion detection after the latest firmware update, particularly human detection. The only way I can get motion detection working at all on two of my eufyCam 2 Pros is to enable all detection which is unacceptable, human detection does absolutely nothing now.

I’ve has no issues whatsoever in a year of use until this horrifically bad firmware update. This really needs rolling back ASAP.

Currently on homebase version 2.1.8.5h, and eufycam 2 pro firmware 4.6.4, one or both of these is absolutely broken for human detection. I can dance all day long in front of the camera and it won’t pick a thing up or record anything, all detection it will work but having any random item set it off is completely useless.

3 Likes

Today majority my cameras went off line, and the firmeware was rolled back.

Homebase 2.1.8.5h… Is same issue happening on home base 1?

Cameras Eufycam 1.0.98-20210826 released 2021-09-29 So it rolled back from last weeks.

Eufycam 2C Pro Same

Eufycam 2 C 1.0.98-20210826 2021-09-26

These cameras worked flawless for nearly a year, just a slight firmware hiccup… please resolve eufy support.

I tried the motion trick it never worked, but now unsure what firmware that was, so will try leaving motion off over night see what happens tomorrow.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the new privacy feature is the cause as it may be blocking everything in human mode regardless if you set it up or not. For now I’ve setup homekit to notify me and record on human motion only and that works flawlessey. Human detection still doesn’t work through the eufy app whatsoever but at least apple works perfectly.

Same issue as you specifically with the Eufy 2pro, they only work in all motion. Firmware 4.6.4.

Really hope they sort the issue quickly

Hi, today I tried and tested resync on 2 cameras and motion still never worked. I’ve emailed support again see the response.

How many of you who have problems have the cloud enabled? My cameras are working, but I only have local storage. The HB2 is connected wirelessly.

Same here; firmware 1.7.4 installeren, then motion detection stoppen working…

Sorry so you have the Cloud? I don’t have it installed, thought about that last night.

So Eufy CS got back to me today, telling me lack of human detection is down to installation error. Strange though that the camera will detect a mouse farting when set to all motions but not a thing of human.

I moved the camera to a different location on Saturday and still the same problem persists. Why will they not acknowledge the firmware issue and just sort it